Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-22-2007, 04:12 PM

Default 200: Pwned

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $2 BB (8 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

MP2 ($133)
<font color="#C00000">Hero ($105.30)</font>
Button ($77.85)
<font color="#C00000">SB ($204.60)</font>
BB ($243.15)
UTG ($47)
UTG+1 ($136.35)
MP1 ($35)

Preflop: Hero is CO with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $7</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls $6, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: ($16) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $10</font>, Hero calls $10.

Turn: ($36) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks.

River: ($36) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $187.6 (All-In)</font>, Hero calls $88.30 (All-In).

Final Pot: $212.60

Villain seemed quite laggy when I first started and this hand came along. He later proved to be very good. Villian wins with 77.

Old 08-22-2007, 04:51 PM

Default Re: 200: Pwned

Unless I have a major read (or if villains VPIP is like 60+ and he's on a mission to lose a stack) I pretty much always fold in this spot.

A giant push like that screams "i want value with my monster cause my slowplay didnt work! [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]" more than it is a bluff.

It is a bluff occasionally, but you gotta be pretty damn accurate about picking it off for that call to be +EV.

Bet/fold turn

Fold riv
Old 08-22-2007, 04:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Unless I have a major read (or if villains VPIP is like 60+ and he's on a mission to lose a stack) I pretty much always fold in this spot.

A giant push like that screams "i want value with my monster cause my slowplay didnt work! [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]" more than it is a bluff.

It is a bluff occasionally, but you gotta be pretty damn accurate about picking it off for that call to be +EV.

Bet/fold turn

Fold riv

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm learning this.
Old 08-22-2007, 04:52 PM

Buy in full?
Old 08-22-2007, 04:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Buy in full?

[/ QUOTE ]
oh yeah, and that [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-22-2007, 04:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Buy in full?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think we can be done saying that for every hand posted where someone doesn't have 90x+. There are plenty of reasons not to buy in full.

The reason I don't have 100x here is that I just started at this table. I like buying in for 50x until I see that I'm a favorite over a player or two. Then, I ramp up to their stacks.
Old 08-22-2007, 05:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Buy in full?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think we can be done saying that for every hand posted where someone doesn't have 90x+. There are plenty of reasons not to buy in full.

The reason I don't have 100x here is that I just started at this table. I like buying in for 50x until I see that I'm a favorite over a player or two. Then, I ramp up to their stacks.

[/ QUOTE ]

by the time you find out they are super donks, a big chunk of their change could be gone.
Old 08-22-2007, 05:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Buy in full?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

by the time you find out they are super donks, a big chunk of their change could be gone.

[/ QUOTE ]

I understand that. The other thing for me to consider is that I'm not as good as a lot of the regs at 200, so I'm protecting myself at the same time here. I have no reason to ramp up my stack unless I see I'm a favorite in a couple spots. In the meantime, I'm trying to get better.
Old 08-22-2007, 10:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Buy in full?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I understand that. The other thing for me to consider is that I'm not as good as a lot of the regs at 200, so I'm protecting myself at the same time here. I have no reason to ramp up my stack unless I see I'm a favorite in a couple spots. In the meantime, I'm trying to get better.

[/ QUOTE ]

Obviously it is not good to play 100BB if you are not comfortable with it. When I first started playing I knew making big laydowns was my weakest point so I would buy in for around 50 to make my decisions easier.
I now make sure I always have 100BB but I agree it is brought up too much
Old 08-23-2007, 03:21 AM

Don't listen to the haters. It is perfectly allright to buy in for less to familiarize yourself with a new table - especially if it is at a new level.

I am not sure if 50 BB is the best size, however. I'd buy in for less, like 35-40 BB. Be aware that you are arriving at the committment level sooner so select you bet sizes accordingly.