Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-21-2007, 06:13 PM

Default 25NL - 2 hands vs. same player

I don't usually post two hands at a time, but since it was against the same villian, I figured it might be appropriate. The first hand was the 14th at the table. The sample size is way too small to label him yet, but he hasn't done anything to warrant a label either.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

SB ($15.85)
BB ($16.50)
UTG ($37.20)
MP ($33.45)
CO ($18.90)
Hero ($23.75)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls $0.25, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $1.5</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls $1.25, CO calls $1.25.

The limp-call preflop seemed odd to me. I was thinking medium to low pocket pair and decent suited connectors as a possible holding, of course anything is possible with only a handful of hands played.

Flop: ($4.60) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets $0.5</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises to $4.25</font>, Hero calls $4.25, BB folds.

Although I have top pair, I don't feel real comfortable after the pot size reraise. With no reads, I kinda give him the benefit of the doubt and just call with position and see what the turn brings.

Turn: ($13.60) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">CO bets $13.15 (All-In)</font>, Hero folds.

He's committed and I'm not. I don't feel comfortable calling here with just top pair and no reads.

Anyway, the next hand is about 20 hands later. I have tried to steal the blinds a couple of times and that has been it for my action. I can label the villian now as sLA 30/9/2. He has been a little loose, but hasn't done anything I would deem outlandish. I have seen him c-bet a couple of times after raising preflop.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

MP ($17.50)
Button ($34.50)
SB ($32.90)
BB ($24.55)
Hero ($21.25)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
Hero calls $0.25, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to $1</font>, Hero calls $0.75, SB folds.

I don't normally limp 87 suited UTG, but this was a mix-it-up play for me. Once the BB raised, I realized I had position on him and an SPR of about 10, so I called with my suited connector.

Flop: ($2.25) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets $1.75</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $5</font>, BB calls $3.25.

Good flop for me. His range is still rather large at this point. I decide to re-raise to a point that I wouldn't totally commit myself to the pot unless a favorable card comes on the turn. I know I was giving him implied odds to a straight or flush, but I wasn't going to pay him off if it hit on the turn. Side note: before he called my reraise, he hit TIME and pondered his decision for 12 seconds.

Turn: ($12.25) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks.

Awful card. I'm not betting into him here. That would only commit me to the pot. Also, I'm in position, so I can wait to see what the river brings.

River: ($12.25) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets $4.5</font>, Hero folds.

Even worse card. I'm so beat.

My questions are as follows:
1. Did I play the hands correctly with the information I had?
2. After playing these two hands, I feel like I'm weak-tight and that he might be thinking that he can push me around on the table later on. Is this results oriented thinking or should I really be concerned about my table image at this point?
Old 08-21-2007, 06:45 PM

Default Re: 25NL - 2 hands vs. same player

Hand 1 either reraise or fold, calling is awful. Why would you ever call here? What turn line are you taking on any card after just calling the flop?

obviously fold turn

hand 2: the 6h isn't that scary. He did RR, where usually he would probably take the free flop with anything that the turn helps (any 2 suited, cards which the 6 makes a straight)

Based on these two hands I am going to say you are probably way to passive of a player.
Old 08-21-2007, 07:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 1 either reraise or fold, calling is awful. Why would you ever call here? What turn line are you taking on any card after just calling the flop?

obviously fold turn

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont think that his flop call is awful. with a raise he gets worse qs to fold and i dont think villain is doing that with a fd cause the original raiser is still behind him. so calling and revaluate the turn is good. At turn villain is telling u he has either a set or kq or other 2 pairs and wants to protect.

Hand 2: definetly bet the turn. you are giving ak with a of heart a free card which is horrible. easy river fold as played.
Old 08-21-2007, 07:30 PM

Hand 1. villains flop raise IS NOT pot sized, and you don't have TP on turn anymore..
my question about this hand is really.. what did you want to happen when you saw the flop and why did you only call if you stated that he might have a set here? besides, you played this so passively that even a 3rd pair hand will be aggressive towards you in this case..

Hand 2. just fold PF.. or raise it if you mean to play it.. what kind of mixing it up is limping SC UTG?

now to your questions..
no, I don't think you played the hands correctly..
passive weak tight.. that would be a rock, right? that's no good in my book..