Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-21-2007, 12:56 PM

Default Mutlitabling

I've been reading a lot about how people play 5 to 10 to 12 tables at a time. How is this done? I find that the max I can do is 3 if I want to pay attention any. Would someone please be able to explain this to me?
Old 08-21-2007, 01:44 PM

Default Re: Mutlitabling

They probably played 3 tables at one point as well. Just keep adding more when you feel comfortable. I started at 1 table. Now I'm at 4 tables and still able to take notes. I could probably go to 5 or 6, just don't have the monitor space.
Old 08-21-2007, 01:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I've been reading a lot about how people play 5 to 10 to 12 tables at a time. How is this done? I find that the max I can do is 3 if I want to pay attention any. Would someone please be able to explain this to me?

[/ QUOTE ]

After you have been playing a while lots of decisions become automated (particularly in 1-table SNGs). Also - its pretty hard to play more than 4 tables unless you have the right equipment - a 30" monitor and/or multiple 20"+ monitors with 1600x1200 or 1920x1200 res.

Lucky
Old 08-21-2007, 03:41 PM

Location: Clinging to the binomial theorem like a drunk to a lamppost

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Practice, really. That's all there is to it--you play at one table until you find yourself getting bored between hands, add another, and wait until you get bored again. Wash, rinse, repeat.
Old 08-21-2007, 04:23 PM

Play 1 table until you are comfortable at that table and have good reads and understanding of how other players are playing, then add another. Once you have good reads and understanding of players there, add another. Also, if your playing micro and small stakes then GT+ can help you out a lot with your reads.
Old 08-25-2007, 01:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Play 1 table until you are comfortable at that table and have good reads and understanding of how other players are playing, then add another. Once you have good reads and understanding of players there, add another. Also, if your playing micro and small stakes then GT+ can help you out a lot with your reads.

[/ QUOTE ]

What is GT+?
Old 08-25-2007, 01:25 PM

GT+ is a Heads up Display like PokerAce. U can display stats of your opponents from Pokertracker on the tables.
Old 08-25-2007, 05:42 PM

Do most of you guys use something like GT+ or PokerAce? Is it necessary? Does it help much for those who do? How many pros use some similar program?

If it is recommended, which program is most preferred?
Old 08-25-2007, 10:37 PM

Its really a mathematical thing...a tight player, making only ABC decisions, could play alot of tables. If the amount of hands you play outweighs the decrease in winrate, the it is a good thing to do. I dont do this because I play live and online, and want to stay sharp at making decisions. Id think most multi-table (8 or more) make harder decisions by folding, but make more from the easy decisions.
Old 08-26-2007, 02:50 AM

I guess i'll add my question here

How would two 22"s go for multitabling?

I currently have a 15" dell widescreen and a 17" lcd and can comfortably play 4 tables on the lappy and a couple on the lcd but need to upgrade