Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-21-2007, 09:36 AM

Default HU, top two & FD

Villain is a semi-reg, who self admittedly likes to gamble too much in a many marginal spots. Other than that he's an above average player who plays stakes higher than this when he's not HU. Today he seems to be nitty (only been about 20 mins), but I've seen him get it in light w/ mediocre draws in the past.

Pot Limit Omaha Ring game
Blinds: $0.25/$0.50
2 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
SB: $97.20
jbird: $112.80

Pre-flop: (2 players) jbird is BB with J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">SB raises to $1.5</font>, jbird calls.

Flop: Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($3, 2 players)
jbird checks, <font color="#cc0000">SB bets $2.85</font>, <font color="#cc0000">jbird raises to $11.4</font>, SB calls.

Turn: 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($25.8, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">jbird bets $25.3</font>, <font color="#cc0000">SB raises all-in $84.3</font>, jbird ...

Thoughts on flop c/r?
Once he calls flop raise you you still lead turn, or c/c, c/rai?
Now that I got myself in this [censored], I gotta call right?
Old 08-21-2007, 09:40 AM

Default Re: HU, top two & FD

imo youre toast, lay it down

i dont really like the lead out, id love to see the river with your draw and this turn completes a ton of wraps
Old 08-21-2007, 12:47 PM

Who was this against?

This is a fold w/o knowing who it is (probably is regardless). I like the lead on the turn as played, but I think its a b/f once he repots it.
Old 08-21-2007, 03:16 PM

INSTAfold
Old 08-21-2007, 03:37 PM

I assume he hasn't really been out too spewy/out-of-line thus far?

I'm not as convinced as everyone else that this is usually fold. You're definitely not quite getting the right odds to call his c/r (getting about 2-1) if he does have a wrap.

The reason I do agree that it's probably a fold is because you basically have to put him on either the straight or air because there aren't a lot of other great semi-bluff hands right now.

I dunno, I probably fold because I can't quite widen his range enough to call. The best way to widen his range is if you think that he would 3-bet the flop with a decent wrap or if you have c/r'd a good bit of flops and you can widen his turn c/r range.

Bleh, gross spot, next time just c/c the turn probably because the only real draw (a wrap) got there.
Old 08-21-2007, 04:01 PM

IMO....sounds like OP is trying to convince himself to call...snafu, insta fold...also, I run at about -13 bb/100 hu, so don't listen to me, lol
Old 08-21-2007, 05:02 PM

scoot,

villain was pcfpoker_uk or whatever.
Old 08-21-2007, 07:39 PM

How are people advocating a fold here? We've got 13 outs against the straight and we're getting better than 2:1 on an all-in. Villain only has to be pushing a worse 2 pair + FD one time in ten to make this an easily profitable call. I think once we get raised on the turn, calling &gt; folding.

With that said, I don't like the turn lead at all. Our draw loses just about all of its value when raised and a straight draw is far and away our opponent's most likely hand based on the flop action.
Old 08-21-2007, 08:19 PM

2 pair + FD probably isn't raising this turn unless he's pretty spewy. He can't beat anything but a bluff at this point if he has a smaller two pair + FD. And I think we only have 12 outs against a straight.
Old 08-21-2007, 08:22 PM

Yeah, I hated my turn lead nearly as soon as I clicked the button, I just saw the club and got a little click-happy. But I'm with Iggy, once I screw that up I think I have to call the all in.

FWIW, he had 55xx no clubs no wrap.