Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-21-2007, 01:04 AM

Default Bad Luck

I recently finished reading Scott Fischman's book entitled Online Ace, and a particular passage struck me. In this passage, Fischman explains that there are several reasons why a particular poker player might not be able to become a professional, and he goes on to list a few reasons. One of the reasons he mentioned was "bad luck", and I'm not sure whether or not I agree with that statement. I understand that bad luck happens to absolutely everyone, for sessions, weeks, or even months at a time, but it seems like, with proper bankroll management and a strategy that consistently wins, an aspiring professional should not be barred singularly by bad luck. Any thoughts?
Old 08-21-2007, 01:14 AM

Default Re: Bad Luck

maybe he means dealing with the bad luck. Or maybe he means that some pros get started by getting a lucky big tourney win. Like Joe Hachem, he had to get lucky to win all that money to get to play professional poker. But I'm on your side, a winning game isn't barred by bad luck and this is why there are consistent winners