Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-20-2007, 12:06 PM

Default Trip Kings Line Check

No Reads

PokerStars 0.50/1.00 Hold'em (10 handed) internettexasholdem.com

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, UTG calls, UTG+2 calls.

Flop: (10.50 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, UTG+2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, UTG+2 calls.

Turn: (6.75 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, UTG+2 checks, Hero checks.

River: (6.75 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, UTG+2 folds, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 8.75 BB
Old 08-20-2007, 12:38 PM

Default Re: Trip Kings Line Check

Why are you so afraid to bet the turn? There is nothing indicating your hand is bad. On the river, there is probably not much room for a raise, as we are reopening the betting for those hands that beat us.

Buzz
Old 08-20-2007, 12:43 PM

I would definitely bet the turn, as no one has shown any strength. Your hand is almost always the best. I think the call on the river is fine.
Old 08-20-2007, 01:02 PM

Why are u checking the turn? That's the only thing I can think about when I see this hand. Why are u checking the turn?
Old 08-20-2007, 01:17 PM

*grunch from the cheap seats

I see nothing here to explain why you stop betting. This s monster hand with a ragged flop keep the pedal down and raise whatever comes at you.
Old 08-20-2007, 01:40 PM

Location: Downswing? No, playing bad. No, I\'m sure its just a downswing.

You have to bet that turn. It is true that you would be offering 7.75:1 for straight or flush draws, but they may lose heart in trying to get there for one more bet. Maybe not, but you need to value bet this.

River call is fine.
Old 08-20-2007, 01:47 PM

That was my worry on the turn. If they called the flop bet with a draw, they were calling a turn bet.
Old 08-20-2007, 01:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
That was my worry on the turn. If they called the flop bet with a draw, they were calling a turn bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

You should not mind your opponents calling your turn bet with a draw.

Your bet is for value, because a (flush) draw will only come in about 1 out of 5 times.

So, you win more bets from the times that the draw does not complete, than you lose for the times that you are outdrawn.

Edit: If one of your opponents had a straight draw and the other had a flush draw (ie. there were 15 cards that could come to complete either draw), then your turn bet would be about breakeven EV if both of your opponents called.

However, your opponents may hold different hands, and there could be less cards that would outdraw you. Your turn bet also has some fold equity. So, overall your turn bet should be + EV.
Old 08-20-2007, 02:25 PM

Location: Downswing? No, playing bad. No, I\'m sure its just a downswing.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So, by your logic, you shouldn't have bet the flop either. Actually, by extension, don't raise preflop because someone might have an ace.

I think you need to question yourself about what you expect to accomplish in poker. Sincerely, good luck.
Old 08-20-2007, 02:33 PM

I bet the turn because we are ahead so very often. Since the turn wasn't bet, I'm tempted to raise the river.