Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-20-2007, 10:28 AM

Default 10NL KQ faces multiway action

BB is a mega fish 51/0/0.1 and MP is a bad very aggro LAG 45/15/3.5

Am I ahead of both ranges on the flop? And what is your action?

Prima Network No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (6 handed) Hand History converter Courtesy of PokerZion.com

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

<font color="#C00000">MP ($3.30)</font>
CO ($5.03)
Button ($9.47)
SB ($3.85)
<font color="#C00000">BB ($10.22)</font>
<font color="#C00000">Hero ($12.37)</font>

Preflop: Hero is UTG with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $0.4</font>, MP calls $0.40, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, BB calls $0.30.

Flop: ($1.25) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $1</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to $2.9 (All-In)</font>, BB calls $2.90, Hero ??
Old 08-20-2007, 10:31 AM

Default Re: 10NL KQ faces multiway action

if the players are how you describe them, it's probably unlikely that they are holding a hand that's beating you. with MP being as aggro as he is, i feel like an AQ would be played basically as the nuts (pf) and he'd probably be pushing. BB is a calling station, so maybe a 7 or a flush draw. i could see myself putting the BB all in here.

don't raise with KQ UTG tho, plz.
Old 08-20-2007, 10:39 AM

I don't usually raise KQ UTG, had not played any hands for a few orbits and so thought I would mix it in.

Don't want to give too much away, but does a 45/15/3.5 3-bet AJs PF here?
Old 08-20-2007, 10:40 AM

easy all-in imo
Old 08-20-2007, 10:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
easy all-in imo

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks - I did put him AI, and my mega passive, uba juicy fish turned over AA, and aggro lag had AJ[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. I was quite happy with this play against the fish, but I was unsure with the LAG in the game, even though he was a short stack...
Old 08-20-2007, 11:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

is this just because of the fishy, loose players or a general rule to follow? in 6-max SSNL i always raise KQ UTG.. ive posted hands where ive raised ATo UTG and asked if that was okay and people said yes
Old 08-20-2007, 01:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

is this just because of the fishy, loose players or a general rule to follow? in 6-max SSNL i always raise KQ UTG.. ive posted hands where ive raised ATo UTG and asked if that was okay and people said yes

[/ QUOTE ]
sorry. everyone plays different and different things work for different people. i typically wouldn't raise with KQ or A10o UTG unless i had a) been playing really tight and my raise would signal a stronger hand than KQ, or b) the other players were incredibly loose and had shown down calling raises with KJ, K10o, QJ, etc.

so no, it's not a general rule. for me, it is TYPICALLY, but there are always exceptions. if i play KQ there, i limp and maybe call a raise, but if you raise UTG and get re raised, are you going to want to play K high OOP? what if a K hits and you get re raised? it's just problematic.
Old 08-20-2007, 02:01 PM

I'd push flop. MP could have any Q, A7, mediumpair, or a better hand. BB is so fishy i would'nt even think about his hand, hey i got TP2ndK = NUTZZZZZZZZZ =&gt; PUSH ( in this spot [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img])
Old 08-20-2007, 03:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
sorry. everyone plays different and different things work for different people. i typically wouldn't raise with KQ or A10o UTG unless i had a) been playing really tight and my raise would signal a stronger hand than KQ, or b) the other players were incredibly loose and had shown down calling raises with KJ, K10o, QJ, etc.

so no, it's not a general rule. for me, it is TYPICALLY, but there are always exceptions. if i play KQ there, i limp and maybe call a raise, but if you raise UTG and get re raised, are you going to want to play K high OOP? what if a K hits and you get re raised? it's just problematic.

[/ QUOTE ]

My impression so far has been that playing KQ by limping UTG is not a good idea (ATo I think should be just folded always UTG). KQ is the hand every post/book quotes as one of the worst implied odds hand and it only has reverse implied odds. So by limp/calling you're pretty much burning money, since unless you flop 2pr+ you're probably going to c/f. While if you HAD raised PF you could usually take it down with a cbet (and if you're reraised PF it's an easy fold).
Old 08-20-2007, 03:31 PM

push flop