Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-20-2007, 01:38 AM

Default This hand is so weird...

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.05/$0.10 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $11.80
BB: $6.80
UTG: $9.90
MP: $35.50
CO: $13.75
Hero (BTN): $10.00

Preflop: Hero is dealt 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (6 Players)
UTG folds, MP calls $0.10, CO calls $0.10,

<font color="blue"> Ok, this is one of those spots i'm just playing the button. Bringing in a suited ace for a raise, punish the limpers and what not. </font>

<font color="red">Hero raises to $0.55</font>, SB folds, <font color="red">BB raises to $1.00</font>, 2 folds,

<font color="blue"> Ok, so i'm heads up here againts a guy who is 65/21, but only after 34 hands. He hasn't really done anything special, but he mini raised me, and i'm not gonna give up freflop to a mini raise. Lets see a flop. </font>

Hero calls $0.45

Flop: ($2.25) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
BB checks,

<font color="blue"> This guy isn't tricky, and he folds to a c-bet 66% of the time, and he's opened the door for weakness, and it could be a trap, i'm unsure. Maybe i should check here? I dunno, weird situation, a little aggression should help me decide. </font>

<font color="red">Hero bets $1.80</font>, BB calls $1.80

Turn: ($5.85) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets all-in for $4.00</font>, Hero...

<font color="blue"> Ok, so he's called the flop bet, an ace has hit the turn, and he's all in for less then the pot. He called the flop, and now we're here on the turn with top pair crap kicker. Whatever he has, he's played it quite strange. AQ? QQ? AK? I really havn't a clue. It all goes back to preflop. But can i really fold to a mini raise preflop? Maybe with hands like weak aces, i should.

What's my river move? Tell me everything wrong with this hand, because i got to admit i felt like a blind guy in the desert this hand. </font>
Old 08-20-2007, 01:42 AM

Default Re: This hand is so weird...

I check behind on flop, his reraise preflop scares the [censored] out of me and I don't feel the need to rep a hand I don't have. As played, on the turn, it sure looks like an AJ-AK hand.. or something even better. I think I can find a fold here.
Old 08-20-2007, 02:14 AM

As played, I would call and say NH to his set of queens. Thats what always seems to happen to me in this situation.

He most likely has a stronger Ace than you, but he could be using the Ace as a scare card to get you out. I think you have odds here to call, but expect to loose.

It would probably be best to check behind on the flop. If you did that would you fold the turn to a pot bet?

BTW villain is all in on the turn so no-matter what you do there is no river action.
Old 08-20-2007, 04:27 AM

Fold to his reraise preflop.
If he has an ace, he has you dominated.
If he has a high pocket pair, the ace will scare him and you can't get much money out of him.
Old 08-20-2007, 04:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
As played, I would n't call and say NH to his set of queens.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-20-2007, 06:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Fold to his reraise preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-20-2007, 08:55 AM

The hand is not so weird, but you played it all wrong.

Assuming you could stack him, you're getting about 10:1 preflop (,55 to win 5,80), which is too thin for a speculative hand like A6s. But let's say your odds to hit that flush draw or better are 8:1.

The pot is 2 $, the effective stack size is 5,80. Flop comes and misses you completely. You're not committed, and you don't WANT to be committed either, since the flop missed you.

If you're not committed and you don't want to be, you should check. Instead, you're investing 1/3 of your stack in a bluff, which is precisely what you should avoid. Turn comes, and he reveals the strength of his hand. Even here, you should fold. Either he has an A with a better kicker, or he made a set.

Your biggest mistake was not to control the pot on the flop, I think.
Old 08-20-2007, 10:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Assuming you could stack him, you're getting about 10:1 preflop (,55 to win 5,80), which is too thin for a speculative hand like A6s. But let's say your odds to hit that flush draw or better are 8:1.

The pot is 2 $, the effective stack size is 5,80. Flop comes and misses you completely. You're not committed, and you don't WANT to be committed either, since the flop missed you.

If you're not committed and you don't want to be, you should check. Instead, you're investing 1/3 of your stack in a bluff, which is precisely what you should avoid. Turn comes, and he reveals the strength of his hand. Even here, you should fold. Either he has an A with a better kicker, or he made a set.

[/ QUOTE ]
OMG I HAS READ PROFESHENAL UNLIMITED HOLD THEM AND I IS NOW FULL OF ORIGINAL POKER ADVICE!!1!oneoneoneoneone
Old 08-20-2007, 11:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
OMG I HAS READ PROFESHENAL UNLIMITED HOLD THEM AND I IS NOW FULL OF ORIGINAL POKER ADVICE!!1!oneoneoneoneone

[/ QUOTE ]

It's easy to take potshots, do you anything original to add?
Old 08-20-2007, 11:32 AM

I don't mind your logic but think about this. All of your logic is second level, like if Villain is thinking this, then I will do this.

Hint: Villain is not thinking. He is an idiot. Play straight forward poker, and profit. Make a hand and value bet.

+EV

Edit: PS he has two pair and he called on the flop be cause it is Ax. You are so behind you must fold turn.