Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-19-2007, 09:53 PM

Default AA early in Daily Double FTP - Bad fold on flop?

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $15/$30
9 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
Hero: $1970
UTG+1: $2610
MP1: $1970
MP2: $1810
MP3: $1890
CO: $1920
Button: $2080
SB: $2070
BB: $1680

Pre-flop: (9 players) Hero is UTG with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $105</font>, UTG+1 calls, 2 folds, MP3 calls, 2 folds, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($525, 5 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets $300</font>, <font color="#cc0000">BB raises all-in $1575</font>, Hero folds, 3 folds.
Uncalled bets: $1275 returned to BB.

Results:
Final pot: $1125
Old 08-19-2007, 11:06 PM

Default Re: AA early in Daily Double FTP - Bad fold on flop?

Maybe I am just too committed to my AA's but I don't see myself folding here. I am not a world class player or pro, more like a fish. I know you may be worried about trips or a flush draw, but i don't see why you don't go on with your hand here.
Old 08-19-2007, 11:17 PM

Easy fold.

The key of tournament play is lasting. The blinds are 15/30 .... he has PLENTY of time to work up his stack. It would be stupid of him to go all-in with one pair.

The guy flat-called. Unless you got a read on this guy ... he isn't going to raise all in after the flop but with a limited number of hands. Likely he could do this with KK or QQ (anything lower, wouldn't count on it) .... BUT he may also do it with a set or 45 of spades (in which he would actually be a favor to win the pot).
Old 08-19-2007, 11:37 PM

it's early but any reads? you have plenty of chips left. i think it's a good fold. not so much because of bb, but there are still 3 left to act. unless they see you as really loose raising utg, a couple could have mid pairs that connected. would be some pretty random cards for a good straight draw. bb could be semi bluff with flush draw. pot is half his stack so if he caught a piece and wants to play might as well push. if either had a set i think they'd let you take the lead and reraise.
Old 08-19-2007, 11:55 PM

PAHud doesn't seem to pick up the daily double tournements, anyone know if there's a way to fix that btw? It was like the 7th hand of the tournement so nothing besides a lot of limping going on.