Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-19-2007, 05:51 AM

Default \"Living\" at a place while For Sale (Deep Discount)

I'm looking for info about people living in a house/condo while it's for sale by the owner at the same time.

Basically your living at the place for a steep discount, but you would have to move out at any time if it sells. I heard a reason they do this is because places on average sell more often when there's people living in them, as opposed to vacant.

I just briefly heard about something that works like this years ago, but have not found any info while searching now. Is there even a name for this?

Any info is greatly appreciated.

thank you
Old 08-19-2007, 06:53 AM

Default Re: \"Living\" at a place while For Sale (Deep Discount)

[ QUOTE ]
I'm looking for info about people living in a house/condo while it's for sale by the owner at the same time.

Basically your living at the place for a steep discount, but you would have to move out at any time if it sells. I heard a reason they do this is because places on average sell more often when there's people living in them, as opposed to vacant.

I just briefly heard about something that works like this years ago, but have not found any info while searching now. Is there even a name for this?

Any info is greatly appreciated.

thank you

[/ QUOTE ]

houses sell faster when they're furnished, and, obviously when they're being maintained, but for the most part- furnished.
Old 08-19-2007, 12:46 PM

I did this for about a year. It resulted in us having to move 7 times in that year. By the end of it, it was definitely not worth the savings or hassle. You have to keep the house immaculate at all times, and expect it to be shown often. That along with being given short notice to move, made it a hellish experience.
Old 08-19-2007, 02:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I did this for about a year. It resulted in us having to move 7 times in that year. By the end of it, it was definitely not worth the savings or hassle. You have to keep the house immaculate at all times, and expect it to be shown often. That along with being given short notice to move, made it a hellish experience.

[/ QUOTE ]

pm sent. thx
Old 08-19-2007, 03:11 PM

i have lived in houses that were for sale, but i had a regular 1-year lease. it gets shown from time to time but the lease gets transferred if the house sells. i think this is more common in markets where there are a lot of homes up for sale, resort areas, etc.

this sounds like it would suck unless you are a single guy with relatively few things and are normally very clean. in that case i could see doing it.
Old 08-19-2007, 03:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i have lived in houses that were for sale, but i had a regular 1-year lease. it gets shown from time to time but the lease gets transferred if the house sells. i think this is more common in markets where there are a lot of homes up for sale, resort areas, etc.

this sounds like it would suck unless you are a single guy with relatively few things and are normally very clean. in that case i could see doing it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm a single guy that lives in S.Fla, so it's probably a good option for me. Looking to possibly go this route with a condo in Miami Beach.

Anyone know what type of discount you can expect? Thx