Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-18-2007, 07:29 PM

Default MPTK against BB

Full Tilt 0.25/0.5 Hold'em (9 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (3 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, MP2 folds.

Turn: (4 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (8 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 10 BB

Hey, I just noticed that I don't like to post hands where I have a close decision... I like to post hands where I make horrible mistakes so that you guys can bash me! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Sad but true.. I don't like making mistakes, so I figure putting them on here and getting trashed for 'em may make me slow down and think about where I'm at in a hand like this one.

On to the questions: A good raise on the flop to protect and buy outs? Also, good bet on turn without resistance? Finally, stupid call on river?

MP2: 25.7/7.62 FAF: .9 Over 105 hands
BB: 22.9/10.42/1.29 over 48 hands
Old 08-18-2007, 07:44 PM

Default Re: MPTK against BB

Dude, you protected the hell outta that 3SB pot.
Old 08-18-2007, 07:51 PM

hand is marginal
pot is small
your out of position

-&gt; fold on the flop

read the section "small pots vs big pots" in SSH

EDIT: also raise pf
Old 08-18-2007, 08:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

In other words, I should have check/folded or bet out instead of going for a meaningless check/raise...

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
read page 81 of SSHE
Old 08-18-2007, 08:29 PM

Nick, this is the sort of hand where it is all too easy to throw away a few BB that cost you a decent win rate. Eliminate automatically taking this to SD once he pots the turn will make/save you monies.

do you think a 22/10/1.3 guy is raising this turn with anything that you beat? the problem is when you call that turn raise you are probably going to call the river bet and lose...so if it makes it any easier you can think to yourself "Im saving 2 bets by folding the turn" (okay so sometimes he checks behind but not often)

BTW I bet the flop first time. you have 2PTK and no one has shown aggression.
Old 08-18-2007, 10:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
read page 81 of SSHE

[/ QUOTE ]

uhhhhmmmm how do i say this:

1) preflop charts are for beginners
2) you want to play strong hands vs weak opponents with weak hands

how does this limp look? -&gt; weak
what does he likely hold? -&gt; a weak limping hand

-&gt; you want to play him preferably heads up, giving BB a free play here is a HUGE mistake, just to give you an idea

he is raising about 7% of his hands and playing about 26%:

Player Equity Won Tie Loss Hand
MP2: 43.244 % 38.811 % 8.867 % 52.323 % 44-77, ATo-A7o, A9s-, K9o+, K8s+, QTo+, Q9s+, JTs
HERO: 56.756 % 52.323 % 8.867 % 38.811 % A9o

you're a<font color="green"> 57% </font> : 43% favorite in this situation, not raising here is retarded o_O
Old 08-19-2007, 12:04 AM

I raise PF. Especially with the BB being tight. You should be able to get it heads up a lot.

Then, as played, I bet the flop. There is a good chance you have the best hand, so you should bet.

Then, as played, I fold to the turn raise. BB has TAGgish stats. I can't think of much that he would call two with on the flop and then get excited about a 3 on the turn, except for hands that have you in really rough shape.
Old 08-19-2007, 12:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Haha, awesome.
Old 08-19-2007, 04:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
uhhhhmmmm how do i say this:

1) preflop charts are for beginners

[/ QUOTE ]

You hit the nail on the head my friend! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I guess that I just never thought anything less than AT, especially offsuit, was worth a raise.. we'll be out of position the entire hand. But these are the reasons I am here! Thanks guys.

P.S. Villain flopped bottom set, 222.

Quick question: at about what AF are we starting to consider people as too aggressive (meaning it's correct to call a turn raise..not necessarily in this hand but...geez, poker is complicated, no?..in general, i guess is what I mean)?

Aussie, you mention that someone with an AF of 1.3 is not raising here without something that beats us, and you are totally right.

Thing is, I JUST got a HUD, so I'm starting to get used to peaking at peeps' AF to see whether or not I'm ahead or blah blah blah. Let's say that this guys' stats are all the same (VP, PFR) but his aggression factor is x. What number am I starting to look at and say, oh, he might be bluffing...

Thanks ahead of time.
Nick
Old 08-19-2007, 09:57 AM

the best indicator to find out if someone is bluffing is to look at his W$@SD % someone with 60% will almost never bluff he's got the goods when he raises the turn, while someone in the 45%-50% might have something questionable, but the may factor here is the pot size, it's just too small to find out, in a 10 BB pot you have a much wider margin for errors, while here you must be very accurate...

EDIT: the second factor is of course the AF &lt; 1.0 is usually passive &gt; 1.5 usually agressive