Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Heads Up Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-18-2007, 03:04 PM

Default $600 NL Cash: AA...Tricky or gay?

We both have full stacks and have some history. we're both solid and he's taken a few hundred from me.

Hero: posts the small blind $3.00
Villain: posts the big blind $6.00
--- DEALING POCKETS
Hero: is dealt [A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img],A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]]
Villain: raises $15.00 to $21.00
Hero: calls $18.00
--- DEALING FLOP [5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img],7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img],K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]]
Hero: checks
Villain: bets $40.00
Hero: calls $40.00
--- DEALING TURN [9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]]
Hero: checks
Villain: bets $110.00
Hero: calls $110.00
--- DEALING RIVER [8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]]
Hero: bets $200.00
Old 08-18-2007, 03:17 PM

Default Re: $600 NL Cash: AA...Tricky or gay?

Are you bluffing or vbetting? If you're vbetting, it's bad, because he's not calling w/ anything worse, unless he makes a hero call with something like a high K, but even if he has that you missed value in the hand anyway.

If you're bluffing... I dunno, what exactly are you trying to rep that has a 6? Let's see, you can't have TJ because you would fold the flop. Would you play the hand this way w/ K6 or 56, or 76, or 86?

This is also bad as a blocking bet, but it's not horrible.
Old 08-18-2007, 03:36 PM

I like the way you played it up untill the turn. I think a check raise on the turn would be the best play.
Old 08-18-2007, 04:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Are you bluffing or vbetting? If you're vbetting, it's bad, because he's not calling w/ anything worse, unless he makes a hero call with something like a high K, but even if he has that you missed value in the hand anyway.

If you're bluffing... I dunno, what exactly are you trying to rep that has a 6? Let's see, you can't have TJ because you would fold the flop. Would you play the hand this way w/ K6 or 56, or 76, or 86?

[/ QUOTE ]

How is this bluffing? This is heads up, so there is just about a non-existant chance of a 6 showing up in villains cards. I don't think A6 is in his range.
Old 08-18-2007, 04:24 PM

I would checkraise flop, but not too big. Preflop call is enough deception. I would want to get it in against a king or take it down there as it is. You only have 1 pair after all. I'd only call if he is very agressive.
Old 08-18-2007, 06:53 PM

lol "gay" - 3rd grade vocab is a bitch
Old 08-18-2007, 07:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How is this bluffing? This is heads up, so there is just about a non-existant chance of a 6 showing up in villains cards. I don't think A6 is in his range.

[/ QUOTE ]

whoa. Obviously, you're not betting to push your opponent off a 6. I was just what you're trying to represent in this "tricky" line.

That said, the more I think about it, the more I like it. Unless your opponent is really good, he won't bluff raise on this board, and he might be confused about you repping a gutshot so he might call you light. If he has you beat, he's probably not folding, but since you'll call a psb bet anyway this works as a blocker.
Old 08-18-2007, 07:52 PM

How is a 6 not in your opponents' range? If you know he doesn't have 66 or A6 here, then you can stand to part with some more information for us up front on your opponent.

Frankly, your post is lacking a ton of important information like what you think his ranges are/what he's doing, how you lost the few hundo, what makes you think this line is better than something more standard in the first place...etc.

You basically can't expect any helpful answers with the information you've given us.

Yugoslav
Old 08-18-2007, 08:56 PM

Do people really think the only time a 6 shows up here is A6? or 66? Or that a straight is the only worry here? Any medium connectors make at least 2 pair here.

Anyway I don't HATE this line. This bet is an okay blocker if this opponent (need reads really) is going to fire a bigger raise with 2 pair if you check and you're going to pay him off. I mean you're obviously folding to a raise here.

And I don't think we should underestimate the frequency where this will get paid off by TPGK who would have checked behind. Play this hand as the opponent with KQ or KJ and see whether you're ALWAYS folding to a half pot bet on the river here.. I'm not folding top pair every single time a runner-runner 4-straight hits the board and someone makes a small bet.