Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-18-2007, 02:39 PM

Default don\'t go broke in an unraised pot! hmmm...

Ultimate Bet - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.10/$0.25 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $29.14
Hero (BB): $23.70
UTG: $20.98
CO: $13.50
BTN: $9.18

Preflop: Hero is dealt Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (5 Players)
UTG calls $0.25, 2 folds, SB calls $0.15, Hero checks

Flop: ($0.75) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (3 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $0.50</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $2.00</font>, <font color="red">UTG raises to $5.00</font>, SB folds, Hero calls $3.00

Turn: ($11.25) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">UTG bets $6.50</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises all-in to $18.45</font>, UTG calls all-in for $9.23
Uncalled bet of $2.72 returned to Hero
Uncalled bet of $0.00 returned to UTG

River: ($42.71) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players - 2 All-In)

Pot Size: $42.71 ($1.70 Rake)

no stats no reads but villain seems to be solid, I think I was way to aggressive?
Old 08-18-2007, 02:40 PM

Default Re: don\'t go broke in an unraised pot! hmmm...

I think you can fold to villian's reraise on the flop
Old 08-18-2007, 02:40 PM

Why was the pot unraised in the first place? You can probably fold to the flop raise too. The turn checkraise is just pure spew. This hand is a mess
Old 08-18-2007, 03:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why was the pot unraised in the first place? You can probably fold to the flop raise too. The turn checkraise is just pure spew. This hand is a mess

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-18-2007, 03:26 PM

KQs is easily good enough to raise from that possition, u shouldnt check all your bb hands
Old 08-18-2007, 03:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a good response. But you know what would make this forum great, is if people could explain posts like this. For example, saying "This hand is a mess....I would have....

I understand that Hero should have rr pf. It's the postflop part where I get confused. The villain here didn't even raise PF UTG. We have TPTK, and on the turn we have trips. How is everyone so sure villain has us beat on this flop? He could have KQ, QJ or he could have slowplayed AA, KK. Also he could have a FD..

I really don't know. But my point is, some of us (at least me) don't see how this is such an easy fold.
Old 08-18-2007, 03:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a good response. But you know what would make this forum great, is if people could explain posts like this. For example, saying "This hand is a mess....I would have....

I understand that Hero should have rr pf. It's the postflop part where I get confused. The villain here didn't even raise PF on the button. We have TPTK, and on the turn we have trips. How is everyone so sure villain has us beat on this flop? He could have KQ, QJ or he could have slowplayed AA, KK. Also he could have a FD..

I really don't know. But my point is, some of us (at least me) don't see how this is such an easy fold.

[/ QUOTE ]
Only hands that beat us call the all in on the turn.
Old 08-18-2007, 03:58 PM

you have TP2K and he put in the 2nd raise on the flop and it looks like hes taking you to value town. Most likely hand is 2-pair or a set here. bad players love to limp w/ hands like 22 and 55. A flush draw would VERY rarely play the flop like that. I seriously doubt he slow played AA and especially not KK.

I probably let this hand go on the flop so that I don't end up in this position on the turn. On the turn I probably pay off and cry to his full house.

Def Raise PF as it will probably win you the pot right there and KQ makes hands that are difficult to play OOP and multiway
Old 08-18-2007, 03:58 PM

Go broke here on turn every time. If he has 22 you are just unlucky. Every hand that has a Q in it is going bust here. If you lose you lost it to an utg limper, so I'm pretty sure it won't be that hard to get back.
Old 08-18-2007, 04:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I understand that Hero should have rr pf. It's the postflop part where I get confused. The villain here didn't even raise PF UTG. We have TPTK, and on the turn we have trips. How is everyone so sure villain has us beat on this flop? He could have KQ, QJ or he could have slowplayed AA, KK. Also he could have a FD..

[/ QUOTE ]

I did say what I would have done. I would have raised preflop, I would have folded to the flop raise, and I have no idea what I would have done on the turn, because I would never have gotten there like this