Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-18-2007, 01:22 PM

Default NL50 Set/possible straight on turn

Everest Hold'em, $0.50 BB (10 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

SB ($49.50)
BB ($15.45)
UTG ($4.50)
UTG+1 ($50.95)
Hero ($51.45)
MP1 ($47.20)
MP2 ($50)
MP3 ($73)
CO ($49)
BT ($49.50)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
2 folds, Hero raises to $1,75, 3 folds, CO calls, BT calls, SB folds, BB calls

Flop: ($7.25) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
4 checks

Turn: ($7.25) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero bets $7,25, CO raises to $29 Hero:

Hate it and fold?
Old 08-18-2007, 01:42 PM

Default Re: NL50 Set/possible straight on turn

AQ is the most obvious. KK isn't likely, given the pre-flop action. Maybe 22, JJ or KJ and someone was going for a c/raise on the flop. But from the CO, that doesn't seem likely. I think he would bet all those hands on the flop from LP. No reads on villain? It looks so much like AQ that I guess you have to puke and fold. I don't see what he could have that you're beating, unless he's got Kx of hearts and is going loco, or maybe he picked up a combo draw. I probably deliberate for 20 seconds before painfully folding.
Old 08-18-2007, 02:52 PM

Please don't fold here. Most players at this level watch too much ESPN and would "slowplay" AQ here. He's not hammering it to $29 with the nuts. Most likely holding is something overplayed like KT/JT. Shove.
Old 08-18-2007, 04:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Please don't fold here. Most players at this level watch too much ESPN and would "slowplay" AQ here. He's not hammering it to $29 with the nuts. Most likely holding is something overplayed like KT/JT. Shove.

[/ QUOTE ]

why isn't he hammering it to $29 with the nuts here?

if i am villian w/ AQ i am definitely raising to ~29 here, as the hand played it looks like hero is pretty strong and was either going for a ck/raise on the flop or just tripped up on the turn

as for hero, i hate to fold here.. i would definitely go into the tank on this 1

very tough spot, you have a huge hand but aren't necessarily committed yet... when in doubt puke and fold i guess
Old 08-18-2007, 07:23 PM

Maybe the villain does have AQ, but there are a number of top pair, 2 pair and drawing hands he could be raising you with. Get the money in. You're ahead a lot. You generally have 10 outs if you are behind. You cannot fold this in NL 50.
Old 08-19-2007, 12:28 AM

In all honesty, I have a tendency to overestimate my opponent's thought process. So maybe a shove is best here. That being said, I don't know what tables these guys play at, but NL50 on Stars is nit central. If he's a nit, he's not thinking his KJ or K10 are good. He's thinking the same thing you are: my opponent could have AQ. That's my main concern. A nit would flat call or make a smaller raise; they don't just push $29 into the pot. He's either a complete idiot or he's got AQ. Your guess is as good as mine, probably better because you're actually at the "table" when it happened.
Old 08-19-2007, 01:26 AM

u cant always be afraid of the nuts. i shove and dont think twice about it.