Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-18-2007, 05:27 AM

Default Interesting blind war spot where I give villain control for a second

Party Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.50/$1 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

Hero (SB): $120.93
BB: $124.76
UTG: $134.79
MP: $93.75
CO: $98.50
BTN: $65.99

Reads: <font color="blue">Villain is 22/11/2.8 and seems to me like the type who loves to play back at people. From what I have seen of him, he clearly doesn't like folding to cbets. I have been active.</font>

Preflop: Hero is dealt K T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (6 Players)
4 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $4.00</font>, BB calls $3.00

Flop: ($8) T 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5 (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $6.00</font>, <font color="red">BB raises to $14.00</font>, Hero calls $8.00

Turn: ($36) 9 (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">BB bets $22.00</font>

Thoughts on the flop action?

What is the optimal move on the turn here?
Old 08-18-2007, 05:33 AM

Default Re: Interesting blind war spot where I give villain control for a seco

Call and block the river maybe? Makes him tilt a lot more than check/call or check/fold IMO although I can't see too many worse hands calling a bet.
Old 08-18-2007, 06:28 AM

Default Re: Interesting blind war spot where I give villain control for a seco

I think c/c the turn and c/f the river is the best line against unknowns, but with more specific reads you can probably come up with a better river line.

I think the turn is straightforward. Your hand is far too good to fold and give him credit for overpair, 5x, AT or T9, but it's certainly not strong enough to raise

For river lines, I like c/c if you think he's stubborn enough to fire 3 barrels in a BvB situation. If he's the type that thinks about what he is "representing" more than your hand strength and whether you have a hand to call with, then c/c works.

I like c/f if you haven't seen him get too out of line besides being a little bit of a pain in terms of folding to cbets and he hasn't done anything extraordinarily spewy.

Last line I think is decent is bet/call. You have like 81 left in a 80 dollar pot. If you fake block for like $25, its good because 1)if he has air he might think he can push over it and get you to fold and 2)it gets you to showdown and gets you good value against Tx, 9x on a river that normally would be checked through.

This line obviously sucks hardcore if he has a 5, but you should be able to get some indication of his strength through timing tells and previous bet sizing tendencies, and if you can't just check and evaluate on the river.