Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-18-2007, 03:18 AM

Default QQ vs reg - FT 200

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $1/$2 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $144.20
BB: $230.50
Hero (UTG): $203.00
MP: $216.25
CO: $203.00
BTN: $194.00

Reads: <font color="blue">Villian is Dark-Deity. I have him running at 16/14/4 over 2500 hands - mostly datamined. No specific reads.

We are on 2 tables together and Hero should have a TAG image. This is the first confrontation we have had</font>

Preflop: Hero is dealt Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (6 Players)
<font color="red">Hero raises to $7.00</font>, MP calls $7.00, 4 folds

Flop: ($17) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $12.00</font>, <font color="red">MP raises to $40.00</font>, Hero...
Old 08-18-2007, 03:30 AM

Default Re: QQ vs reg - FT 200

I don't have a lot of hands with him but he seems very nitty so I'm not sure what to think here. 10s, and js are out. He rr these. so I think your worried about 88 , 99, aj, kq, and osme other stuff. ur not deep and u have a gutshot so folding seems week, but im pretyt drunk. dunno dont think i can offer good advice now but i htnk foding is not ggosd
Old 08-18-2007, 03:34 AM

I hate this spot especially OOP. Folding flop is too weak IMO but if the money goes in you are in bad shape. I call/reevaluate but probably fold to a PSB or the like on the turn.
Old 08-18-2007, 03:42 AM

start by calling the flop, then proceed very cautiously, meaning if he bets strong on the turn, think it's a fold.
Old 08-18-2007, 03:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
start by calling the flop, then proceed very cautiously, meaning if he bets strong on the turn, think it's a fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok - suppose turn is 2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and it goes c/c. Do you like like c/c a blank river in order to give him some room to bluff again?
Old 08-18-2007, 04:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok - suppose turn is 2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and it goes c/c. Do you like like c/c a blank river in order to give him some room to bluff again?

[/ QUOTE ]

well, if the turn checks through, I'm pretty sure we can narrow DDs range to a draw most of the time, because I doubt he's checking a made hand on this draw heavy board. he could have some sort of combo draw such as T9s which he may call a river bet with though. I still like check-calling blank rivers though after the turn checks through.
Old 08-18-2007, 04:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

well, if the turn checks through, I'm pretty sure we can narrow DDs range to a draw most of the time, because I doubt he's checking a made hand on this draw heavy board. he could have some sort of combo draw such as T9s which he may call a river bet with though. I still like check-calling blank rivers though after the turn checks through.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah sounds reasonable to me. As for the hand, I went into tagfish mode and shoved. He had 88 and MHING :/

At the time I thought he could have a draw (89,KQ) or air a decent amount of the time, and I didnt want to call the raise to have to c/f the turn.
Old 08-18-2007, 04:33 AM

i think i fold this against this opp alot depending on ur image
Old 08-18-2007, 04:40 AM

Look over your 2500 hands and if he is raising c-bets/flop bets more than average you are beat for sure or are behind imo. I have him pretty nitty and would be very surprised if you were ahead here.