Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-17-2007, 07:13 AM

Default lol P5s (sng bubble discussion)

i didnt read to the end cause i got pissed at all the dumb responses

enjoy: http://www.pocketfives.com/C3C8F231-...4BFCF79AB.aspx
Old 08-17-2007, 07:18 AM

Default Re: lol P5s (sng bubble discussion)

read a few, had to close it, i hate their forums a lot
Old 08-17-2007, 07:26 AM

I know there should be no strategy here (maybe we can make a small exception, write the answer in white or something if you want), but I am intrested in what you think is the "correct" option here?
Old 08-17-2007, 07:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Shoving is a beginner's play.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Old 08-17-2007, 07:29 AM

check it down, i am all for abusing the bubble but at 100/200 with no antes there is no reason to put the chiplead at risk with A10, thats a horrible horrible push. check this and fold to a flop bet if u miss
Old 08-17-2007, 07:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
LOL................TheMayor did you really mean to type this, "Your opponent should be folding all hands to your push, including AA."

If you did, that is absolutely the most IGNORANT thing I have ever read on P5's.

Are you that much of a chicken [censored] to fold AA? What in the hell are you thinking?

[/ QUOTE ]
i liked the chicken [censored]
Old 08-17-2007, 07:39 AM

its a bad shove cause shortstack(me) is all in with the blind...quixtar cann call him somewhat wide here cause he would have to lose to both..but the responses are just hilarious

sorry for strategy....dont even know if you asked me hattifnatt
Old 08-17-2007, 07:40 AM

Lol and also this is how bad the average P5er is

[ QUOTE ]

I don't give a [censored] about ICM when I am delt AA........If I can get all the money in and get called........well then the poker gods are helping me out.

Not only are you a huge favorite to win the hand, you would then become the chip leader, and have a much greater chance to win the sng.

There is a huge difference between 1st place and 3rd placve money. I'd rather risk coming in 4th out of the money with my AA being cracked, than to fold AA.

If it was a million dollar sng or something extraordenary then maybe I could see releasing AA, but absolutely not for the everyday commonly played sng.

The person that developed the ICM theory would probably say [censored] it, I am played AA here no matter what too. Theory is one thing folding AA is another

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-17-2007, 07:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I know there should be no strategy here (maybe we can make a small exception, write the answer in white or something if you want), but I am intrested in what you think is the "correct" option here?

[/ QUOTE ]

The correct option here is to shove any two cards because the limper cannot call you with anything less than AA (and even then I'm pretty sure AA is a fold after you limp here, god damn poker is [censored] confusing as [censored]).

I'm really too tired to do the ICM math for this, but if you want, pm me later and I'll do the math for you.

Anyone saying not to shove this (or any other hand) is [censored] awful at sngs.

edit: [censored], 60 is all in? that changes so much and probably none at the same time god damn it.
Old 08-17-2007, 07:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The correct option here is to shove any two cards because the limper cannot call you with anything less than AA (and even then I'm pretty sure AA is a fold after you limp here, god damn poker is [censored] confusing as [censored]).

I'm really too tired to do the ICM math for this, but if you want, pm me later and I'll do the math for you.

Anyone saying not to shove this (or any other hand) is [censored] awful at sngs.

edit: [censored], 60 is all in? that changes so much and probably none at the same time god damn it.

[/ QUOTE ]

pls do the math because i'm pretty sure shoving any two here is wrong given the limp + stack sizes + blinds and no antes