Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-16-2007, 10:12 PM

Default 6.5 - TT with a bazillion callers preflop w/ low connected flop

Im 20 tabling at the time, no good players to my knowledge on the table. This is 5th hand of tourny, its either push or fold. I decided to just push because its a 6.50 and id get called by a naked 8 quite easily, but theirs a bazillion yet to act after me...

HH wont convert, it seems a bit messed up, I added in some #'s

PokerStars (9 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of 15.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises 90 </font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, SB (poster) calls, BB calls.

Flop: 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(7 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets 150 </font>, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises all-in </font>, UTG+1 calls 1230 (All-In), MP2 folds, MP3 folds, Button folds, SB calls.

Turn: Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players, 1 all-in)</font>

River: K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Final Pot:
Old 08-16-2007, 10:40 PM

Default Re: 6.5 - TT with a bazillion callers preflop w/ low connected flop

20 tabling? Sheesh.

If your only options are to push or fold, you probably do not want to open raise with TT. Limp and fold when you don't hit a set. You sound very -EV in the early game. Might be best to stay uninvolved till later.

As it stands, there's a straight out there (rare, since you hold TT). Plenty of straight draws and flush draws. And a big possibility of 2 pair. Best case, you're facing top pair. Against that board with that many preflop callers, you're facing way too much danger.

If it's push or fold. I fold.
Old 08-16-2007, 11:50 PM

I really, really dont like this. Your raise is a gross overbet of the pot. Keep in mind that you are not ahead of AQ of clubs, AK clubs, AJ, and are barely ahead of Ax, all of which are probably going to call given pot size. Not to mention sets, 45, 910. I once read in a sklansky book to fold weak made hands on the flop in multiway pots. I think this qualifies. You have 90 chips invested, just fold to an initial bet with all of the people behind you.
Old 08-17-2007, 06:24 AM

Limp PF. As played, I'm probably calling on the flop and reevaluating on the turn.
Old 08-17-2007, 06:28 AM

meh, i just fold the flop. i think too many hands beat you to push. and i'm not sure about calling; the only turn card that helps your hand is a 9, and even then you won't get paid off big if you're ahead, and you'll get stacked is somebody has JT (unlikely though i admit).

i probably limp pf, but raise is fine.