Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-16-2007, 05:33 AM

Default Defending BB vs. button straddle 3 handed

I was playing three handed live 40-80, straddling every button, and my opponent to the left was also straddling every button. I love the button straddle, but I haven't had to play against it before.

I felt a little lost as to what hands I should play from the BB. If SB folds, what percentage of my hands should I play? should I always three-bet when I come in? button is a decent player and will three-bet frequently if I call. I eventually settled on 3-bet 50%, fold 50% but I have no idea how good that is. I was primarily in the game for the player on my right, and just to get some more 3 handed experience.

A couple of other questions:

How frequently should I 3 bet my button straddle if SB and BB call, which they do a lot say 75-80% of hands? I was threebetting frequently with almost any above average hand because they have mostly random crap and I have position.

If SB three bets when I am BB (top 30% for this SB) how big of a hand do I need to continue, having to put in at least two bets but with position on SB? A 4-bet will only push button off of the very worst hands.

This led to a lot of hella big pots, and was wonderful fun if nothing else.