Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-16-2007, 03:56 AM

Default 555 on dangerous flop.

Full Ring 0.05 / 0.1 Bodog. Just came on the table and choosed a loose weak one.
I have 5.50$ and all players on the table have me covered except one. The stacks are not huge
UTG calls
UTG+1 calls
actually the 10 players of the table called on this one

Hero (BTN) 5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] raises 30 c

Everybody call to see the flop:

2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

5 players check

Seat 6 bets 60c
Seat 7, 8, 9 call

Hero raises all in for 5.20$

Is this shove an optimal play? Could I take more value from this set knowing the loose aspect of the table.
I was thinking at this moment that I could raise not so much on the flop but there were too many cards I did not want to see.
Any opinion?

Sorry for the aspect of the hand
Old 08-16-2007, 04:03 AM

Default Re: 555 on dangerous flop.

You PF raise is TINY. If you are going to raise (I like to limp in these situations when so many people are in the pot) raise to at least $1. There is already 90c in the pot when it gets to you.

Anyway, I think you'll get better responses in the full ring forum. People here can generally help you out if there are only a few people on the flop. But here, there are 4 people in the pot already, pluse 5 more behind you left to act. Even with only 4 people their combined ranges are HUGE.
Old 08-16-2007, 04:16 AM

Default Re: 555 on dangerous flop.

[ QUOTE ]
I think you'll get better responses in the full ring forum. People here can generally help you out if there are only a few people on the flop. But here, there are 4 people in the pot already, pluse 5 more behind you left to act. Even with only 4 people their combined ranges are HUGE.

[/ QUOTE ]

FWIW just call preflop. Pushing is the way to go postflop.