Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-16-2007, 01:56 AM

Default $5NL 6Max, QQ OOP- so far so good, then comes the turn

Villian has been extremely active since he sat at the table, having been involved in eleven straight hands, this being the 11th. In his first hand at the table, I won a $2+ pot from him with J10s against his low pocket pair when I hit a 10 on the flop after raising. He's mostly a limper and when raised to, just calls.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.05 BB (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Hero ($10.60)
BB ($10.94)
UTG ($5.47)
MP ($9.71)
Button ($7.98)

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls $0.05, Button calls $0.05, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $0.33</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls $0.28, Button folds.

Flop: ($0.76) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $0.67</font>, MP calls $0.67.

Turn: ($2.10) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)
Hero?

Anybody lead this turn and if so, how much? Do you check and slow down for pot control purposes (if you can now call it that) or maybe to attempt a c/r?
Old 08-16-2007, 02:12 AM

Default Re: $5NL 6Max, QQ OOP- so far so good, then comes the turn

I lead for around $1.80 - pot.. the guy is basically playing any two cards, no reason to let his low straight or flush draw hit cheaply. You also beat any low pairs he's hanging onto quite comfortably. If he's playing A3,kx or some crap then I guess he's going to get full value from me on this one lol.
Edit: ^^ in terms of my leading out.. if he shoved the K i would probably fold, I don't particularly give these guys credit for credible scare card bluffs, esp after you lead twice
Bet sizing is a little random, i kinda like though.
Old 08-16-2007, 02:19 AM

Default Re: $5NL 6Max, QQ OOP- so far so good, then comes the turn

He could have any two cards so I would value bet the Turn with a 2/3 of the pot bet. If called I would bet any non Ace non Spade on the river. And probably c/c any of theese.

Maybe not giving too much credit to this guys is aleak of mine