Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-16-2007, 12:31 AM

Default 10NL TPSK with Flush Draw - call or shove the Turn?

No read on villain, he has only been at the table for about 15 hands. I am playing the LAG-tastic role preflop raising any two cards from the button and a wide range from the CO if it folds to me.

Ultimate Bet - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.05/$0.10 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $11.28
BB: $9.85
UTG: $8.89
Hero (CO): $10.83
BTN: $9.69

Preflop: Hero is dealt K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (5 Players)
UTG folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $0.35</font>, BTN folds, SB calls $0.30, BB folds

Flop: ($0.80) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $0.80</font>, Hero calls $0.80

<font color="blue">Looking back I think I need a raise here. Given my image I am probably getting action from weaker hands (J's with weaker kickers and any 7's or 4's)</font>

Turn: ($2.40) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $2.40</font>, Hero [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

<font color="blue">Strong bet here from villain. If I put him on AJ or a set I am really playing for my flush (ok, AJ pays me if I hit my K). Do we call here and hope to improve or raise? If we are raising I think we are shoving...anyone disagree?</font>
Old 08-16-2007, 12:53 AM

Default Re: 10NL TPSK with Flush Draw - call or shove the Turn?

Flop call is fine.

I don't think raising the turn accomplishes much. I do think we can probably call and fold to a river shove if we don't hit the flush (obv call if we do). Our draw is backdoor, so villain's probably just as willing to get it in when we hit as when we miss. If he gets it in everytime, then we have sufficient implied odds. If he doesn't, then that means sometimes we can check behind and see if our TP is any good, which it sometimes may be.

So what I'm saying is that if villain's planning to shove the river, that's good for us (implied odds when we hit). If he's planning to check the river, that's also good for us (check behind and showdown when we miss).
Old 08-16-2007, 07:50 PM

Thanks for the post. After a little more feedback I will post results and pose another question...
Old 08-16-2007, 08:00 PM

That is one drawy flop. Reraise flop...then shove river when you pick up the flush draw...you will get looked up by worse hands very often especially if you are playing laggy.