Button folds
SB folds
HERO raises to $14
CO calls $10

Flop: 9d Jh Kh ($29)
HERO bets $20
CO raises to $45

What do I do here?
I think I have realistic options to fold, call, or raise.
Raise - I beat hands such as AK KQ and the flush draw and each has a reasonable chance of calling a value push if I move in here on the flop. This is the best option if I think he's on the flush draw obviously to give him the worst odds to hit.
Call - If I call here I can see what he does on the turn before I commit to a large pot with just 1 pair, hands like KJ or 99 JJ KK will likely lead out on the turn to run out the flush draw. The problem is that with myself being out of position, he could still lead out w/ AK or KQ and then the plan to fold to a turn bet backfires.
Fold - With both calling and raising having their obvious nagative options, this is the one option that truly limits my losses. I can look for a better place to get my money in at a later point.

What do you all think?
I'll post how hand played out afterwards.
Old 08-16-2007, 12:14 AM

Default Re: When AA just might not be good enough

3 bet way more pf.
like to 20-22.

flop is draw central, with many pair/straight/flush/combo draws availible.

i would most likekyl call this flop bet, and continue on a blank turn. possibly bet/folding filled up gutshot turn cardsor flush cards.

edit:
refarin from posting polls in your thread.
Old 08-16-2007, 12:16 AM

Is there something wrong with using polls in the post?
Didn't know it was an issue
thanks for the response
Old 08-16-2007, 12:17 AM

I like folding here. There are too many hands that beat you compared to what you beat. Calling seems ok when you first think about it, but he's following up with a turn bet 80-90% of the time, and I can't see you calling the turn profitably unless you mise the ace, lol. Raising was my initial instinct, but now I think that there are just too many hands that beat you compared to what you beat to make it profitable.
Old 08-16-2007, 12:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I like folding here. There are too many hands that beat you compared to what you beat. Calling seems ok when you first think about it, but he's following up with a turn bet 80-90% of the time, and I can't see you calling the turn profitably unless you mise the ace, lol. Raising was my initial instinct, but now I think that there are just too many hands that beat you compared to what you beat to make it profitable.

[/ QUOTE ]

no.
the flop is very drawy.
the raise is so small on the flop that he can easily be raising to buy free river cards with flush or up n down or combo draws.

I would call this flop bet, and LEAD into him on the turn is the turn blanks or a scare card comes.
if he raises this turn bet, we can easily fold.
he will fold the turn to your lead if he does not have the goods.
Old 08-16-2007, 12:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I would call this flop bet, and LEAD into him on the turn is the turn blanks or a scare card comes.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, he has $140 left after calling the turn bet and the pot is now $120, how much do I raise where I can fold to a reraise? If I bet $40 then he easily has redic odds for his flush and anything else will give me rediculous odds to call an all in? What amount you bet here on a blank?
Old 08-16-2007, 12:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

no.
the flop is very drawy.
the raise is so small on the flop that he can easily be raising to buy free river cards with flush or up n down or combo draws.

[/ QUOTE ]

You'll commit yourself with a bet on the turn, how can you 'easily let it go?' If you think you’re ahead, then raise the flop and shut him out of his draw, why give him a free card? Also, what scare cards are you talking about? The only scare cards are scary for you, not for the villain.
Old 08-16-2007, 05:12 PM

Hand Spoiler:

I called his raise on the flop and waited to see what he does on the turn before commiting my stack as I didn't want to commit to a $400 pot w/ only one pair. The Turn was a King and I checked, fully expecting him to bet and take down the pot. The only hands I likely had beat was KQ or AK or the flush draw, and now I was only ahead of the flush draw. However, he checked behind me.
The River was a final King and I determined I must be ahead now as I only lose to the case king, while beating straights or boats(99 or JJ specifically) I value bet 1/2 the pot and he folded.
I probably pt him on the flush draw,or maybe perhaps 99? Any thoughts?
Old 08-16-2007, 05:18 PM

I don't think he checked a boat behind on the turn, nor did he fold any boat on the river. Some reads would be usefuls to give options how to handle his raise on the flop, but i like the idea of pushing very much on this drawy flop.
Old 08-16-2007, 05:24 PM

push and like it