Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-15-2007, 09:15 PM

Default simple things FTP could do to be better

1) adopt the old party ID verification system which allowed for automatic approval of routine cashouts. There is really no reason why every cashout has to go through a security check. I sent FTP an email about this, which they replied to post it on their forums, I did and then proceeded to see several other posts asking for the same thing. Note adopting this would not only make customers happier but it would also result in a decreased work load for the already overtaxed FTP support. I requested an epassporte cashout this week which took 46 hours to process. There is really no reason for this.

2) add an additional ID requirement for player to player transfers. town, email whatever but something which requires knowing more than the players ID. The result is an additional security feature and a decrease in risk of mistakes.

3) allow FTP points to be converted to medals as medals are converted to FTP points. I don't see why it matters to FTP whether they are buying me a new monitor, a $300 bonus or an entry into a tournament. As long as the conversion rate is similar this would only result in happier players and an incentive to play even more. It would also immediately solve the complaint of consistent and long term players being passed over for bonuses.

4) set up an option to trade FTP points for $. As I was reading the FTP forums (btw wow) I was surprised to see how much of a market there was for points. Clearly there a customers who want to sell their points and there are customers who want to buy points. So why not set up an easy transfer option which allows each player to enter in the amount of either points or $ he is transferring, if both parties match then bam trade goes through and you have two happy customers. adding a $0.50 surcharge for each party should more than cover the development costs.

5) assign a specific case manager to the customer for all account lock/suspensions and immediately send the customer an email detailing the following.

case managers name and direct email.
reason for suspension/locking ie suspected bot, collusion whatever
what the process is and what actions if any the customer can take. If there is further investigating to be done then this would be stated as well.

I read over the kyleb thread and the consensus was that FTP was justified in suspending his and others accounts but that the process and communication was inexcusably bad. At the end it seemed as though FTP's response was "these things take a long time" ummm no they don't and if they do then there in no excuse for not having an accurate and clear line of communication.

FTP is asking customers in a time where online poker is facing many challenges to trust them with their money. In some cases a lot of money. This is a serious commitment that FTP needs to start to put sufficient resources into it.

In conclusion FTP should ask itself, if Party Poker and the other sites that left the US market returned tomorrow would our customers stay? I believe for many the answer is no and this is something FTP should strive to do something about.

other suggestions, comments welcome
Old 08-15-2007, 09:34 PM

Default Re: simple things FTP could do to be better

they should answer emails in less than 8 months
Old 08-15-2007, 09:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
they should answer emails in less than 8 months

[/ QUOTE ]

Ive actually never had a problem with this, every email i've sent has been replied to within 24hours
Old 08-15-2007, 09:51 PM

Allow their pre-bill customers who are not signed up under an affiliate to get rakeback
Old 08-15-2007, 11:28 PM

let me get rakeback
Old 08-15-2007, 11:47 PM

Good post! Although most have these have been discussed over and over you managed to put them all in one more recent thread.
Not sarcastic
Old 08-16-2007, 01:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Allow their pre-bill customers who are not signed up under an affiliate to get rakeback

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-16-2007, 01:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
let me get rakeback

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-16-2007, 01:07 AM

Answer my emails.
Old 08-16-2007, 01:30 AM

Provide a telephone line so that customers don't feel so helpless waiting for return emails