Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-15-2007, 03:55 PM

Default 200NL - Flopped top two, lots of action, fairly ugly turn, need line

Villain is something like 35/20/13, but I've only got like 25 hands on him so he's basically an unknown. Sometimes I raise here pf, but I decided to play it conservative with an unknown player already in. Anyway, what's my plan on this turn here? I feel like it either kills my action or kills my hand a lot of the time, and I'm not sure of the best way to proceed.

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $1/$2 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

Hero (SB): $274.50
BB: $200.00
UTG: $356.70
MP: $168.00
CO: $350.80
BTN: $99.40

Preflop: Hero is dealt K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (6 Players)
UTG folds, MP calls $2.00, 2 folds, Hero calls $1.00, BB checks

Flop: ($6) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (3 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $6.00</font>, BB folds, <font color="red">MP raises to $12.00</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $42.00</font>, MP calls $30.00

Turn: ($90) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero ???
Old 08-15-2007, 04:03 PM

Default Re: 200NL - Flopped top two, lots of action, fairly ugly turn, need line

This is a pretty tough spot, because if he calls with QJ of hearts I don't think he'll raise turn. But he was either on a heart draw/combo or KQ/KJ. That's all I can logically think his range is. Maybe 44...but i doubt that. I think i c/c turn and reevaluate river, looking for no heart, J or Q to come.
Old 08-15-2007, 04:05 PM

Default Re: 200NL - Flopped top two, lots of action, fairly ugly turn, need line

thats a bad card for ur hand. Villan obvously doesnt have A4 or A10 and he would raise preflop with AK so a better two pair is nothing to worry about. Ur action is kille dif he has something like KQ and JQ just got there.

What confuses me is his min reraise. My first thought would be hes on a flush draw. If he has something like A5h then u could get all in here.

If he was as deep as you then i would take a cautois line on this turn. But considering his stack size my line here would be to bet 60 and call a push.
Old 08-15-2007, 04:09 PM

Default Re: 200NL - Flopped top two, lots of action, fairly ugly turn, need li

[ QUOTE ]
This is a pretty tough spot, because if he calls with QJ of hearts I don't think he'll raise turn. But he was either on a heart draw/combo or KQ/KJ. That's all I can logically think his range is. Maybe 44...but i doubt that. I think i c/c turn and reevaluate river, looking for no heart, J or Q to come.

[/ QUOTE ]

If I call a turn bet I'm pretty much committed to my hand though. Villain started with less than a full buyin.
Old 08-15-2007, 04:09 PM

The only reason I like check in the situation is because it will also show weakness and maybe get him to jam with flush draw or worse K.
Old 08-15-2007, 04:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If I call a turn bet I'm pretty much committed to my hand though. Villain started with less than a full buyin.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oops looked quickly at UTG's amount, my bad.
Old 08-15-2007, 04:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If he was as deep as you then i would take a cautois line on this turn. But considering his stack size my line here would be to bet 60 and call a push.

[/ QUOTE ]

FWIW, this is the line I ended up taking.
Old 08-15-2007, 04:24 PM

i think you can b/f confidently
Old 08-15-2007, 04:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

FWIW, this is the line I ended up taking.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea, considering what I had missed, it's a much better line. What was the outcome btw? Just out of curiousity. And did you get more data on the guy?
Old 08-15-2007, 04:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i think you can b/f confidently

[/ QUOTE ]

Even given the odds we'll be getting to call a shove? Not saying you're necessarily wrong, but we'll be getting something like 5:1, it would be a sick laydown.