Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-15-2007, 11:35 AM

Default BR Opinion

Okay, im currently trying to build a bankroll up on FullTilt poker. I have been winning pretty consistantly its just taking time. I was wandering if slowly depositing more onto my FT account while winning would be better than just slowly winning. It would make my bankroll grow faster but im just not sure if this is the correct thing to do since i have been winning. Thoughts please
Old 08-15-2007, 11:44 AM

Default Re: BR Opinion

not sure what you're asking. do you need more money on full tilt to move up limits or something? your "bankroll" isn't what you have in your account. It is typically defined as what you can afford to lose.

i see no reason to deposit more money if you don't need it.
Old 08-15-2007, 02:57 PM

Default Re: BR Opinion

I don't see anything wrong with this. So long as you are beating your current stake. Reloading is fine until you play stakes where reloading becomes difficult. For e.g. you have $200 and you're crushing 2.25 sngs. I'd move up to the 5.50/6.50s if you can easily reload $100 per month. Let's say you crush the 6.50s and 11s and move up to the 22s with a 2k bank roll. Let's say you run bad and drop 40 buy ins, now I would just move down to the 11s with what is left of your bank roll and grind your way back up as $100 isn't going to help you much. I hope this makes sense.

You do realize that a bank roll is money that you use only for poker. For e.g. I have x amt in a bank account, x amt at Stars, x amt at FTP, x amt at UB, and xamt at AP. Combine these all and that would be my bank roll.