Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-15-2007, 10:16 AM

Default oesd + top two on drawy flop. Push, Call or... fold???

5 on the flop, no particular read, pretty new to the table and this limit...

Is my preflop raise a good thing (i have a good position)?

on the flop, is it a fold against a flopped str8 and/or a Flush draw?

sorry no converter for this european site...

Omaha Hi $1-$1 PL (Real Money), #717,683,525
Table Montreal, 14 Aug 2007 12:08 PM ET

Seat 1: fiskoman25 ($59.70 in chips)
Seat 2: mnstrcumnat ($100.10 in chips)
Seat 3: HADE23 ($111.80 in chips)
Seat 5: Riverdog357 ($108.65 in chips)
Seat 6: don schoko ($74.35 in chips)
Seat 7: PAROVOZ72 ($24.05 in chips)
Seat 8: Don iso T ($97 in chips)
Seat 9: Aniri ($85.70 in chips)
Seat 10: <font color="red"> HERO ($69 in chips) </font> with 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img],7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img],10[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img],9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

ANTES/BLINDS
mnstrcumnat posts blind ($1), HADE23 posts blind ($1).

PRE-FLOP
Riverdog357 calls $1, don schoko folds, PAROVOZ72 calls $1, Don iso T folds, Aniri calls $1, <font color="red">HERO bets $3.50</font>, fiskoman25 folds, mnstrcumnat folds, HADE23 calls $2.50, Riverdog357 calls $2.50, PAROVOZ72 calls $2.50, Aniri calls $2.50.

FLOP 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img],8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img],5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
HADE23 checks,<font color="red"> Riverdog357 bets $18.50, PAROVOZ72 folds, Aniri calls $18.50, HERO??? </font>

need help!
Old 08-15-2007, 10:42 AM

Default Re: oesd + top two on drawy flop. Push, Call or... fold???

Call??

Also, what is with PF?? If your going to raise....raise.
Old 08-15-2007, 10:45 AM

http://www.neildewhurst.com/ will convert ongame sites.

Raise preflop is fine. Quick point, though - would you raise this much with aces? Make sure you keep your preflop raise sizes reasonably uniform, unless you have a more complex and subtle strategy.

On the flop, you're never folding. If you put the two players who have acted ahead of you on the hands they're repping (flopped straight, nut flush draw respectively) then you're in pretty good shape with 10 outs to scoop.

If you shove and riverdog flats, you can expect aniri to call with most hands unless he suspects he's in trouble with a hand like naked top two. If you happen to be up against a straight and a flush draw, you're in good shape. If you happen to have the best hand here (not that uncommon if riverdog has shown a propensity to bet draws), you're in excellent shape.

It turns out this hand isn't as interesting as I thought, and shoving is best and it's not close. You may well be losing action if you hit your hand (though as the preflop raiser you'll get more action than normal), and you're normally an equity favourite three-way and just worse than flipping heads-up. The fact that you're short makes this supereasy, shove it.
Old 08-15-2007, 10:55 AM

Was this post some sort of elaborate level?

You've hidden your screenname, but included the hand history number. Your screenname is the same as your 2+2 name. You asked whether you should be calling or folding the flop, when you actually shoved.

Another point to my last post - if you've just moved to this table/limit and no-one knows who you are, then i raise full or near fullpot preflop, as a 3.5xBB raise just says 'I have position and a nice hand but it's not aces'.
Old 08-15-2007, 11:03 AM

Well in his defense, the title is "Push, call or fold."

There are plenty of times I push and ask the forum afterwards if it was the right play.
Old 08-15-2007, 11:05 AM

P.S. -- OP, yes, shove.
Old 08-15-2007, 11:14 AM

SHOVE....PRAY....CRY and continue this process on every similar flop
Old 08-15-2007, 11:43 AM

Do we really want to shove this flop? It's not 6-max remember and I don't see either folding for $50 from Hero's shove.
Old 08-15-2007, 11:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
http://www.neildewhurst.com/ will convert ongame sites.

Raise preflop is fine. Quick point, though - would you raise this much with aces? Make sure you keep your preflop raise sizes reasonably uniform, unless you have a more complex and subtle strategy.

It turns out this hand isn't as interesting as I thought, and shoving is best and it's not close.
The fact that you're short makes this supereasy, shove it.

[/ QUOTE ]

ty for the converter, I'll use it next time [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

I raise aces same thing 789T, sometimes full, sometine 2/3 to 3/4 pot. As I was taking a shot at PLO100 and the table was very loose preflop, i just wanted to build a good pot size preflop...

the fact that i was short and there were two guys acting invited me to push, but I was not sure that was the best way to go...

[ QUOTE ]
Was this post some sort of elaborate level?

You've hidden your screenname, but included the hand history number. Your screenname is the same as your 2+2 name. You asked whether you should be calling or folding the flop, when you actually shoved.

Another point to my last post - if you've just moved to this table/limit and no-one knows who you are, then i raise full or near fullpot preflop, as a 3.5xBB raise just says 'I have position and a nice hand but it's not aces'.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, no level in this post, and ty jbird for my defense!

As I said, I was taking a shot and was facing a more aggressive game but you're right, i should raise more preflop...
Old 08-15-2007, 11:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Do we really want to shove this flop? It's not 6-max remember and I don't see either folding for $50 from Hero's shove.

[/ QUOTE ]

that is the question! but from what i saw riverdogs was aggro so he could have 2 lower pair or a SD... and i was pretty sure PAROVOV72 had the straight, but with all the money already in the pot, should i just call? and fold to a scary turn card?

P.S. sorry for the english, it's not my native language but I can't find interresting forum about omaha in mine!...