Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-15-2007, 02:34 AM

Default 2nl did i play this bad?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.02 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

BB ($3.11)
Hero ($4.87)
MP ($3.69)
CO ($2.36)
Button ($2.54)
SB ($4.54)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $0.1</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to $0.2</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls $0.10.

Flop: ($0.42) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $0.3</font>, SB calls $0.30.

Turn: ($1.02) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $0.1</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $0.7</font>, SB calls $0.60.

River: ($2.42) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $1.7</font>, SB ??

hey guys i'm wangchuck in this hand. When he slowed down and the flop came with the A i thourght i could represent AK and push him off his hand (i put him on KK) but didnt work out.Just wanted to know what you guys thorught of my play did i play it bad? Anything i could have done? Thanks guys.
Old 08-15-2007, 02:37 AM

Default Re: 2nl did i play this bad?

Convert the hand...it will be easier to read and you will get 2-3 times more responses about the hand.

Be sure to set it to 2+2 format:

http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php
Old 08-15-2007, 02:41 AM

thanks man!
Old 08-15-2007, 02:42 AM

As for the hand:

Pre-flop: Fold immediately wouldn't be bad (I think raise is ok if you have post-flop skills, I'd def raise suited KQ here) Fold to the reraise. Sure it's small but you're in an ROI situation IMO.

As played:

Flop: Ok I guess....he looks scared of the ace

Turn: I'm not sure what he's doing but it kinda looks like a flush draw to me but it also looks like he won't fold it and I could be wrong so I'd call and then bluff a non-heart river (unless it's a K or Q and then I'd just check). This is not a normal line to take....I'd barely ever do it so don't start doing this a lot.

Also don't ever show results....knowing the results will bias people's opinions and affect the advice they give.

Also a disclaimer: I have never played 2NL (actually I've only ever played 6 hands [mistakenly] below 50NL) so I don't really know how the 2NL games play. I've heard that bluffing doesn't work too well there though cause everybody calls too much so you should value bet them to death.
Old 08-15-2007, 02:43 AM

Stop bluffing at NL2.
Old 08-15-2007, 02:51 AM

thanks guys for other advice

yea i understand what you mean by not bluffing but i find that double barreling and even firing a thrid shot works alot of the time but usually only when the pot is small and it looks like he is chasing or has a small peice of the board but maybe this is one of my leaks? Ill have to check it out

as for the more completcated bluffs i havnt really tried them much but ill keep it in mind to try to stay away from them

ill keep in mind value betting as well thanks!
Old 08-15-2007, 03:31 AM

Meh, fold pf, after he calls the flop just give up.
After he calls the turn then definately give up!
Old 08-15-2007, 05:59 AM

Fold or call it on the turn instead of raising, you only have a high card; check it on the river as he seems unsure whether he's ahead, but he will probably call because he's a donk. Only ABC poker works at small stakes as donks can't be bluffed off a small pair.