Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-15-2007, 01:42 AM

Default 25NL - QQ vs Suspected 2+2er

<font color="blue">Villain was playing very tight, 13/11 over 100 hands. I'm running 20/18, but on the button I'm raising over 30% of the time. So I put him on 99+, AQ+ after the 3bet preflop. Assuming he c-bets all the time (probably pretty reasonable if he has any stats on me [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]), I'm ahead of his range on the flop. But I'm really having second thoughts about my shove. I'm in awesome shape (46.884% equity) if he's calling w/ JJ and TT (along with 99, QQ, KK, AA, and A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]). But if he's folding those two hands, it's ugly (15.576% equity). So I'm not sure about the shove, but did I have any other options?</font>

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Hold'em Cash Game
$0.10/$0.25 Blinds
5 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

Moungie: $58.45
Bastian1: $53.15
imsoooobluffing: $37.50
BBALLAHOLIC: $22.10
Hero: $43.50

Preflop: Hero is dealt Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (5 Players)
imsoooobluffing calls $0.25, BBALLAHOLIC folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $1.25</font>, Moungie calls $1.15, <font color="red">Bastian1 raises to $5.75</font>, imsoooobluffing folds, Hero calls $4.50, Moungie folds

Flop: ($13) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Bastian1 bets $10.00</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises all-in to $37.75</font>, Bastian1 calls $27.75

Turn: ($88.50) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players - 1 All-In)

River: ($88.50) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players - 1 All-In)

Pot Size: $88.50 ($3 Rake)
Old 08-15-2007, 01:52 AM

Default Re: 25NL - QQ vs Suspected 2+2er

You can't stack off to this nit, especially as deep as you are. Call the flop and give up if he keeps firing.
Old 08-15-2007, 02:24 AM

I don't like the "call and see the turn" strategy very much. I think you need to either commit or fold on the flop.

If he's the type of player to make that flop bet with mostly made hands, you have to fold. If draws and c-bets make up a decent part of his betting range, shove away.

I hate giving concrete advice, because table feel is so important, but his stats and pre-flop play make that $10 flop bet look awful big...I think I fold and wait for a better spot. As much as my LAGy soul hates it.
Old 08-15-2007, 02:28 AM

I call his flop bet and if he fires again on turn I fold
Old 08-15-2007, 02:28 AM

Guys like this cbet this flop with like their entire range, which is TT+, AQo+ if not wider, and they're not firing again with a worse hand unless they think hero is a fish. If you're going to fold on this flop you might as well not even play PF.
Old 08-15-2007, 02:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I call his flop bet and if he fires again on turn I fold

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-15-2007, 02:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Guys like this Probably cbet this flop with like their entire range, which is TT+, AQo+ if not wider,

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT with a little change to qualify

I like a call on the flop....if he checks the turn either check behind and hope he bluffs river or just push turn yourself. If he fires turn probably fold although maybe with a read that he'll double barrel you can find a call.

And don't show the turn or river. We know he doesn't have AcKc now.
Old 08-15-2007, 02:38 AM

Flat calling on the flop puts over 1/3 of hero's stack into the pot. If you're gonna put 1/3 of your stack in, then fold to a turn bet, why are you even playing? This looks like a clear shove or fold on the flop to me. If you're not planning to make a shove/fold decision after villain bets on the flop, then shove/fold pre-flop.

I just hate calling on the flop. It's the wussy way out; "I have a big overpair, so I can't fold, but he could have AA or KK, so I won't raise." AA, KK, JJ, and 1010 are all equally as likely. Pick a read and go with it. Call leaves you in no mans land.
Old 08-15-2007, 02:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I just hate calling on the flop. It's the wussy way out; "I have a big overpair, so I can't fold, but he could have AA or KK, so I won't raise." AA, KK, JJ, and 1010 are all equally as likely. Pick a read and go with it. Call leaves you in no mans land.

[/ QUOTE ]
Why is it a wussy way out and whats wrong with it
Old 08-15-2007, 02:43 AM

If you are worried about his hand range, I think a 3-bet preflop is the way to extract the most information. I can't see him 4-betting you without AA or KK (maybe AKs but doubtful)