Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-14-2007, 05:09 PM

Default 50NL Aces gets minraised on flop, shove into on river

Villain just sat down and stats havent come up, complete unknown.

My thoughts were that I have the ace of hearts so it makes it less likely that he is calling such a big reraise on the flop with just a flush draw thats not to the nuts. So I check the turn hoping to induce a bluff, the king is a perfect card for this and most likely he has a smaller overpair to the flop so I want value from it. Then he shoves. I induced it so I have to call it.

Thoughts on all streets appreciated.

Ultimate Bet - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.25/$0.50 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $57.65
BB: $25.65
Hero (UTG): $61.35
MP: $27.70
CO: $60.75
BTN: $49.25

Preflop: Hero is dealt A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (6 Players)
<font color="red">Hero raises to $1.75</font>, 3 folds, SB calls $1.50, BB folds

Flop: ($4) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
SB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $3.00</font>, <font color="red">SB raises to $6.00</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $22.00</font>, SB calls $16.00

Turn: ($48) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
SB checks, Hero checks

River: ($48) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets all-in for $33.90</font>, Hero Calls 33.90
Old 08-14-2007, 05:20 PM

Default Re: 50NL Aces gets minraised on flop, shove into on river

if youre calling a river shove, why not put him in on the turn?
Old 08-14-2007, 05:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
if youre calling a river shove, why not put him in on the turn?

[/ QUOTE ]

He is trying to induce a bluff from a mid pocket pair, that would fold if he bet turn. However, I don't think this is the time, the board is drawy and I'd rather get it in now, instead of letting him draw out.

As for the river, I don't know, man. I think you'll see a crappy bluff once in a while, but I don't know if you do it often enough.

Dumle
Old 08-14-2007, 05:28 PM

I think shoving the turn will often fold the hands I beat. I am either way ahead or way behind here and my thoughts were if he has a set I am gonna be toast no matter what but if he has 99-QQ or some random crap he might try to bluff it or call my value bet since it seemed like the king scared me.
Old 08-14-2007, 05:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think shoving the turn will often fold the hands I beat. I am either way ahead or way behind here and my thoughts were if he has a set I am gonna be toast no matter what but if he has 99-QQ or some random crap he might try to bluff it or call my value bet since it seemed like the king scared me.

[/ QUOTE ]

I get your thought process. However, this is not a place where you are way ahead or way behind, alot of draws are also included in his hand range. If the board had been just a bit less draw heavy, I would have liked the turn alot more.

Dumle
Old 08-14-2007, 05:36 PM

Also I imagine 9Ts pushes and 9To folds to the big rr so once again I feel like I can get away with disregarding the draws. But now that I think about it, how often does villain flat call the reraise with 99-QQ here. Personally I would be getting it in or folding to the reraise with those hands. So I guess it comes down to how often those hands flat call since the whole point of my line was to get value from those hands.

I guess 76 or 75 of hearts might call. Those would be the draw hands I would be most concerned about. But that is only two hands out of a pretty large range that I would need to be protecting against.
Old 08-14-2007, 05:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also I imagine 9Ts pushes and 9To folds to the big rr so once again I feel like I can get away with disregarding the draws. But now that I think about it, how often does villain flat call the reraise with 99-QQ here. Personally I would be getting it in or folding to the reraise with those hands. So I guess it comes down to how often those hands flat call since the whole point of my line was to get value from those hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, that flop call seems a little donkish and if he is indeed a donk, neither 99-QQ can be disregarded, nor T9s. However, he may have other draws such as Axs, 67s, 86s, as well as other suited connectors. A question, are you calling a [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] river?

Dumle
Old 08-14-2007, 05:59 PM

The heart would make me very sad and I guess if I am folding to it then the soundness of the line would be questionable right?
Old 08-14-2007, 06:11 PM

You misunderestimate his range. Push turn. The time for kindasortatricky ended when you 3b the flop.
Old 08-14-2007, 06:19 PM

Yeah I have been thinking about the hand a lot and I am kind of taking a line you might take in a pf reraised pot. Its getting fancy and that is dangerous at these stakes against unknown players. I think I will be scrapping this line. FWIW villain had J9o. Just goes to show that you just cant fold aces to an unknown at 50NL without a really sick board out there.