Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-14-2007, 10:14 AM

Default NL25 Facing a min raise on the turn

Sorry, don't have the history, it was a few days ago, but I was thinking about it more on a theoretical basis.

Let's assume our villain is your standard, weak tight, very straightforward 25NL player. No image concerns for the hero

Both have $25 effective stacks

Hero is in MP, no limpers, Hero pots preflop with A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Villain calls in LP, everyone else folds

Flop comes A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Hero pots, Villain calls

Turn is the 4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Hero pots, Villain minraises, Hero ?

Against this type of opponent, what's our line? Call and evaluate the river. If we shove, what do we beat? Does the villain ever minraise here with 1 pair? DO people take this line with a set?
Old 08-14-2007, 10:23 AM

Default Re: NL25 Facing a min raise on the turn

If he is weak tight, he has 2 pair+ pretty much all the time, so a fold is probaly good.
Old 08-14-2007, 10:35 AM

This is a really ugly spot. I think folding here is ok. I think getting it all in here is ok. Villain is minraising with a wide range of hands here, maybe AT+. I don't think you are that far ahead or behind villain's range.

I personally shove in this spot because it fosters my aggressive image and seems to be a pretty neutral EV play.
Old 08-14-2007, 10:37 AM

do you think this weak tight villian is raising the turn w/ like AQ/AJ?? cause those are probably the only hands villian MIGHT raise that we beat. The board is really dry so im not worried about draws. When you say standard weak tight, you sayin tight pf or tight post or both?? if both then 2 pair hands probably are less likely cause tight guys are most likely not callin pfr w/ those hands. I think villians range then includes AQ+ and sets and given action from weak tight player AQ probably less likely. So a fold is probably the right play on turn. If villian is loose pf but weak tight post then probably an easyer fold cause then 2 pair hands are def in his/her range. Plus if we call we go to the river OOP being put in a tough spot where we probably check and hope villian checks behind or makes a really weak bet or somethin.

And shoving here would be bad, turns our hand into a bluff, and only gets called by hands that beat us. And yes ppl take this line w/ sets a lot of the time.
Old 08-14-2007, 11:02 AM

If villain is willing to minraise w a hand like AT to AQ then villain is definitely calling a shove with these hands as well.
Old 08-14-2007, 11:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
villain is your standard, WEAK TIGHT , very straightforward 25NL player.

[/ QUOTE ]

i dunno what you guys consider weak tight but in my books they arent gettin AI w/ TPGK.
Old 08-14-2007, 11:15 AM

Yeah but I feel like people give ALOT more value to TPGK at this level when that TP is an ace.
Old 08-14-2007, 11:24 AM

if you say AT+, 2 pair and sets are in villian range we are still coin flipin at best. And AT/AJ def being towards the bottom of a weak tight villian's range def puts us behind in this hand.

also cam you say that we are not far ahead or behind villian's range, i disagree i think we are def WA/WB. With like i said WB being the more likely of the 2.