Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-14-2007, 08:32 AM

Default 55 - blindbattle

Button is a 50/25 guy and running goot lately. I call down and fold to any ace or king, right?

Prima Poker skin
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $2/$4
5 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is BB with 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
2 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Button raises</font>, SB folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Button caps</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (8.5SB, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">Button bets</font>, Hero
Old 08-14-2007, 08:47 AM

Default Re: 55 - blindbattle

You don think AK, AQ and possibly ATs and KQs is in his range?

Against a LAG fish I call down non K and A.

EDIT: Oh, and I dont think 3-betting preflop does you much good. And plese dont say eq edge because its not that big and you are out of position
Old 08-14-2007, 08:49 AM

I think you can assume his capping range to be quite wide. This since when he caps he knows it will be HU and he raises a lot preflop. Maybe something like 77, AJ+, ATs+, KQ and KJs+? Given that the pot is quite large and that there are many combos in his range that you beat at this point I think the flop is an easy call. Then I agree with you, folding to an A or a K feels about right here.
Old 08-14-2007, 09:04 AM

What would be the smallest pp you 3-bet, Oink?
Old 08-14-2007, 09:14 AM

Depends on a lot of things. But vs a guy who will take me to SD a lot I wouldnt 3 bet low pp's because I will be showdowning it UI most often and when I do i am usually not a favorite.

Two important things to consider when you want to 3-bet preflop:

- How loose is the guy preflop. I.e. how big is my eq. However, even against big ranges low pairs does not have a huge edge because they are only coinflips vs 2 overcards.

(This one is more important IMO)
- How does my 3-bet affect the dynamics postflop. I will 3-bet more against tight guys who plays more honest when I 3-bet them. I.e. against guys who goes into fit or fold mode. Against these guys its much easier to put them on a range when they call or raise a flop and its much more likely that they will fold the flop UI. Against looser guys whos play is not affected by the preflop 3-bet you will often play more streets postflop as you will more often see both the turn, river and a SD. The disadvantage of being OOP is of course magnified when you should expect to play more streets postflop.

I hope it made sense.

BTW against this guy I will prolly 3-bet 77 or possibly 88 and better.