Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-14-2007, 12:08 AM

Default Missed Value w/ 66

This is a hand where I know I lost a lot of value. First of all, I think I should have raised this flop (yes, no?). Secondly, I should have probably bet the turn as I was not guaranteed to have the player behind me bet (probably on a flush draw from the looks of it). Tell me what you guys think..

Villain: 27.66/10.64/1.4 over 47 hands

Full Tilt 0.25/0.5 Hold'em (7 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (4 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, SB folds, Hero calls, MP2 folds.

Turn: (3 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, Button checks.

River: (3 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: 3 BB
Old 08-14-2007, 12:12 AM

Default Re: Missed Value w/ 66

If by "raise this flop" you mean "bet this flop", then yes, you should have. If you mean "check-raise this flop" the answer is no.
Old 08-14-2007, 12:13 AM

I like c/r'ng the flop here, if MP2 calls 2 cold I'd be a little wary of him but I'll get excited when i see that turn [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 08-14-2007, 12:15 AM

Yeah, I don't mind a check-and-see here. As it went down, I think a raise is good.
Old 08-14-2007, 12:35 AM

Depending what I know about the others in the hand, I don't think betting out is bad. If they'll fold with overcards to my 66, I'll take it.

As played, I'd probably raise the flop. Button might be taking a stab at this with air since not a lot of hands will hit it. Plus, if I have the best hand, I'd prefer if MP2 didn't come along with overcards.

As played I want to donk/3-bet the turn. Half because I might get the chance if Villain has a pair bigger than the 6 or Qx, half because I don't want him taking a free card with a flush draw (since we'd miss a bet), and half because I'm being results oriented.

I definitely donk the river though.
Old 08-14-2007, 12:45 AM

I'd probably raise flop to kick out some overcards.

Then bet on turn and river if they call down
Old 08-14-2007, 12:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I don't mind a check-and-see here. As it went down, I think a raise is good.

[/ QUOTE ]

With only two players left to act, I don't like a check so much. Make it a more multiway pot, with three or four more left, then I'd be more inclined to check it.
Old 08-14-2007, 02:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If by "raise this flop" you mean "bet this flop", then yes, you should have. If you mean "check-raise this flop" the answer is no.

[/ QUOTE ]
Then what exactly do you mean by this Aaron? I get the betting out is good part. For the second part, are you saying that checking and then raising the bet from LP is bad, or just that checking with the intention of raising a LP bet is bad. I'm assuming it's the latter, yes?
Old 08-14-2007, 02:44 AM

In these situations on the flop I am usually too timid - afraid of someone having Q or pocket pair higher than 66. So I would have checked too, and when noone showed particular strength I would assume noone has Q. I would have still been afraid of higher pocket pair though and would have just called - just like you did.

When I see the 3rd 6 I bet and think "I got you now...".

I guess my problem is I always assume bigger pair etc is out there.
Old 08-14-2007, 03:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Aaron, if I open the action here on the flop and get raised by villain, what is my next action?