Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-11-2007, 05:48 PM

Default 10NL: Lay down set of KK on all club flop?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (9 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Hero ($7.90)
MP1 ($22.35)
MP2 ($4.35)
MP3 ($4.60)
CO ($4.70)
Button ($16.45)
SB ($8.40)
BB ($6)
UTG ($20.95)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $0.5</font>, <font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, BB calls $0.40.

Flop: ($1.05) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $1</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to $2.4</font>,<font color="#CC3333"> Hero???</font>

BB just sat down, so no reads. But fairly sure he got the flush, beacuse of the size of his raise. Should I call the flop? And what if turn doesn't pair the board? Or should I go all in on flop? Or was it even better to check the flop?
Old 08-11-2007, 05:52 PM

Default Re: 10NL: Lay down set of KK on all club flop?

He possibly has the flush, indicating his raise and what he has behind, but it's almost impossible to fold here. I would probably shove.
Old 08-11-2007, 05:55 PM

all in here all the time.
Old 08-11-2007, 05:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
But fairly sure he got the flush, beacuse of the size of his raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

thats simply paranoid. He only has 60BB which makes it an easy push right there. 90% of the time you're ahead on the flop. If he's ahead you'll still suck out often enough to compensate for those times.

ARRR IN
Old 08-11-2007, 06:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
all in here all the time.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-11-2007, 06:02 PM

The full ring forum might give you a better answer. It can be found here

Edit: You did get good answers but, in the future you will get better answers for full ring in that forum.
Old 08-11-2007, 06:04 PM

You say that you think he has the flush because of the size of the raise. Do you say that because you think the raise is not very big?
Old 08-11-2007, 06:29 PM

Ok, this was my first post ever on 2+2. Next posts I will put in Full Ring. My apologies.

I think betsizes and reaction time can be good reads on people. Even though I have only played on microstakes for a short time now, out of experience I have witnessed this to be helpful in my decisionmaking.
Because his raise was only an "inviting" 2,5x my bet and he relatively took his time to do this, I more had the feeling he really had the flush.
If he had made it, say 5x my bet and did this relatively quickly, I would have thought he was trying to (semi-)bluff me. It's a bit of a Mike Caro Tell: you pretend to be strong when you're weak &gt; you bet big and quickly to intimidate.

But I already learned a valuable lesson here. I didn't look at his stacksize. So, what you're saying is that if he was a shortstack I should shove and if he was a big stack I should not shove?
Old 08-11-2007, 06:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
. I didn't look at his stacksize. So, what you're saying is that if he was a shortstack I should shove and if he was a big stack I should not shove?

[/ QUOTE ]

if you both were like 150 or 200bb's deep this would be a tougher decision , but this an ez push ..he could have a wide range of hands ,AcTx is one of them ...and your reading into the whole minbet stuff or w/e ..he's just horrible unless he has the nuts (aceHi flush) ...
Old 08-11-2007, 06:38 PM

Less than 1% to flop a flush. You have 7 outs on the flop and 10 on the turn to outdraw IF he actually hit. More likely on a flush draw. Push and make him pay to hit.