Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-11-2007, 04:23 PM

Default Turned a straight and got scared

First hand at table, so no reads. When I selected it from the lobby, it had ~60% to the flop and an average pot around 6BB if that adds anything.

Also, MP has 3BB left in his stack after he 3-jacks the turn. May be borderline stacking off.

Full Tilt 0.50/1 Hold'em (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls, MP calls, CO calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero checks.

Flop: (4.50 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, MP checks, CO checks.

Turn: (2.25 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP 3-bets</font>, CO calls, Hero ???

I don't have the nut straight and I think a chop is unlikely. However T9 wouldn't be unreasonable as well as a flush. Are we folding here, or trying to get to showdown cheaply, or even something else, if the river isn't a diamond?
Old 08-11-2007, 04:28 PM

Default Re: Turned a straight and got scared

I would probably muck here. We don't have that much invested and it's not a great pot. We are really hoping people are pushing their draws and such. If we are calling here, we are trying to get to SD, which will be compromised by a [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] falling (save the 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]).
Old 08-11-2007, 04:30 PM

I'm thinking fold because the pot is so small.

If this was the river I'd probably call but here you really don't know how many bets it's going to take to get to showdown.
Old 08-11-2007, 04:32 PM

Muck it. You don't even have the nut straight AND the flush is out there AND the pot really isn't that big relative to the price of getting to showdown AND there's almost certainly a better flush redraw out there (that's already 20% of the time, you're going to have to fold the river).