Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Heads Up Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-10-2007, 02:42 PM

Default NLCASH $200, semi deep with combo draw

Villain is a little loose and very aggressive with draws. We are 1.75BIs deep. He asked me if I was MasterLJ from 2+2 so obviously he is 2+2 and a fairly solid player.

I've been somewhat loose with the 3-bets the entire match, however... as soon as we got deep on this table I toned it down. In the past 10-15 hands prior to this one I've 3-bet 3 times all with decent hands but he might be thinking I'm 3-betting light.

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $1/$2 Blinds - 2 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

Hero (BB): $857.50
SB: $343.50

Preflop: Hero is dealt 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">SB raises to $6.00</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $24.00</font>, SB calls $18.00

Flop: ($48) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)

What's the best line, and why? If we get the chance to 4bet AI, what hands do you think he can fold?

EDIT: There's a slight chance he may think I overvalue TPTK since we got it AI on a Js 2d 6d flop when I had AJo (no d) when he raised pre and I flat called in the BB (I don't do this normally)
Old 08-10-2007, 03:00 PM

Default Re: NLCASH $200, semi deep with combo draw

Have you given up on hte flop after 3 betting him before this? If not, I like a check raise here.

If you check and you think he will check behind, you need to bet it out.
Old 08-10-2007, 03:04 PM

I have given up after 3-betting him on the flop maybe once or twice.

I'm not a huge fan of the CR and I don't totally understand your thought process.

If anything I want to be the one who CRAI against someone who is aggressive with draws, amirite?
Old 08-10-2007, 03:05 PM

seems like the best options are either check, hoping for a check or try to get all in. isnt there a very similar hand in MOP?
Old 08-10-2007, 03:52 PM

I'm leaning towards just betting out for like 35 here. I don't really like c/c, and I think stack sizes are awkward for doing a c/r; you're too deep to crai and too shallow to do anything but shove the turn if he calls. So I'd just lead. If he raises, you shove. The biggest thing I'd want him to dump if we shove is the NFD; you're worse off against AdKd and Ad9D than you are against QQQ. I think he folds that draw sometimes, and I think he folds pretty much all other hands except for sets and maybe AdAx. That seem reasonable?

If he calls the flop bet, I think the turn would be a pretty good spot for a CRAI.
Old 08-10-2007, 04:02 PM

how is this not a standard bet on flop? if he raises you can push.

On the *TURN* is when pot and stack sizes will be right for CRAI.
Old 08-10-2007, 04:08 PM

What do you think his 3bet calling range preflop is here? Any chance of getting him off TT and JJ? You're probably not losing KK and AA given that previous hand, and AQ is in your 3bet range.

I don't have much experience with HU cash, but I doubt he's going to call a 3bet with AQ, but he's probably not folding AA/KK. Is a check/call line too weak? I suppose getting it in is +EV assuming he doesn't have QQ or 99.
Old 08-10-2007, 04:16 PM

My thought process is this. There are two obvios options, check hoping for a c/r, or bet out. The problem with betting out again this opponent is he may raise you (with a higher fd) and once you put it all in, he will be forced to call.

By c/r big, he will probably lay down a draw. THere isn't going to be enough folding equity to allow him to come over your c/r.
Old 08-10-2007, 04:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't have much experience with HU cash, but I doubt he's going to call a 3bet with AQ.

[/ QUOTE ]

Umm...based on what OP stated his image was in the match, I'd think that AQ easily calls here, esp since he said he had been 3-betting fairly light. BTW, is the reason for the huge 3-bet on the flop because you're so deep?

Edit: As to the actual hand, c/r IMO is absolutely horrendous. Lead out, and if he c/r you, obviously push. IF he calls, re-eval on turn and river.
Old 08-10-2007, 04:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't have much experience with HU cash, but I doubt he's going to call a 3bet with AQ.

[/ QUOTE ]

Umm...based on what OP stated his image was in the match, I'd think that AQ easily calls here, esp since he said he had been 3-betting fairly light. BTW, is the reason for the huge 3-bet on the flop because you're so deep?

Edit: As to the actual hand, c/r IMO is absolutely horrendous. Lead out, and if he c/r you, obviously push. IF he calls, re-eval on turn and river.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why is a c/r so bad? Villain isn't going to expect hero to check this flop with a hand since the board is so draw heavy.