Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-10-2007, 05:16 AM

Default How many outs do i have?

0.25/0.50 Fixed-Limit Hold'em <font color="blue">(10 handed)</font>
Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.7 by www.pokerstrategy.cc.

Preflop: Hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
<font color="grey">2 folds</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="grey">MP2 folds</font>, MP3 calls, CO calls, <font color="grey">BU folds</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises</font>, <font color="grey">BB folds</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls.

Flop: (11.0 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG+2 checks, <font color="red">MP1 bets</font>, <font color="grey">MP3 folds</font>, CO calls, Hero calls, UTG+2 calls.

<ul type="square">do i have pot odds to call ?
probably i have but how many i have?
2x BDSD 2outs (one gap both) + BDFD 1,5outs + 3 outs for A = with discount about 6 MO?[/list]Turn: (7.5 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG+2 checks, <font color="red">MP1 bets</font>, CO calls, <font color="grey">Hero folds</font>, UTG+2 calls.

River: (10.5 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
UTG+2 checks, <font color="red">MP1 bets</font>, CO calls, <font color="grey">UTG+2 folds</font>.

Final Pot: 12.5 BB
Old 08-10-2007, 05:38 AM

Default Re: How many outs do i have?

I would probably complete PF with this RIO hand many-way. On the flop your BDSD outs are almost worthless, and you can't give yourself 3 outs for the ace. You probably have somewhere around 3 outs, I'd throw a bet thinking there's a chance I might see a free river. What was your read on the table? I will usually bet this 4 way, 5 way depends on if anyone can fold.
Old 08-10-2007, 06:22 AM

- 1.5 for the BDSD

- Slightly less than 1 out for the staight (You can hit one of 16 cards on the turn to turn a gutshot, but the lower cards won't always guarantee you the pot since a person might have a 6 sometimes).

- Barely any for the jack, maybe &lt;0.5 if you're generous and think MP1 will donk into you with a strong draw sometimes.

- The ace is tricky since it might not improve you to the best hand, you might be reverse dominated, etc. Maybe a bit over 1?

All in all, I say you're overvalueing a lot of your outs. It's pretty close to about 4; probably slightly under.
Old 08-10-2007, 06:33 AM

Hmm I missed the BDSD is 2 way.
Old 08-10-2007, 08:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I would probably complete PF with this RIO hand many-way. On the flop your BDSD outs are almost worthless, and you can't give yourself 3 outs for the ace. You probably have somewhere around 3 outs, I'd throw a bet thinking there's a chance I might see a free river. What was your read on the table? I will usually bet this 4 way, 5 way depends on if anyone can fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

You bet this on the flop? I would call reluctantly with all these people behind me yet to act.
Old 08-10-2007, 08:29 AM

I would estimate between 4 to 5 outs, making a flop call worthwhile.

I would also only have completed preflop.
Old 08-10-2007, 08:55 AM

Pardon my ignorance, what is RIO hand?
Old 08-10-2007, 09:12 AM

RIO = Reverse Implied Odds
Old 08-10-2007, 01:39 PM

I just complete preflop.

On the flop, I'd give you like 3.5 outs. 1.5 for the flush, 1 for the straights, and 1 for the ace. So as played, I'd check/call one from MP1 on the flop.
Old 08-10-2007, 02:37 PM

BDFD
The nut BDFD is normally worth about 1.5 outs, but with 1 in hand and 2 on board you should probably discount it to around 1 out.

So say 1 ~ 1.5 outs

BDSD #1 (A - Q - J)
This is normally worth about .5 outs. But you need to discount for the 2 flush.

BDSD #2 (A - 3 - 4)
Normally worth about .5 outs. But you need to discount for 2 flush and the fact that it is not to the nut straight and the fact that you will sometimes chop. This is actually pretty worthless if you think about it.

So maybe .5 outs for the straights combined

Ace
Against 4 opponents and a 2 flush, I'd call it 1 ~ 1.5 outs

Add it up it looks like around 3 outs.