Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-10-2007, 01:24 AM

Default Please help me to catch up~

Hi,

I know this kind of post is disgusted here but I really need you guys help and this is my only source of information on poker...

Here's my situation:

I played a lot in 2005 on party poker, did ok on 2-4 limited. Then I quit playing after heard about the legistration news (I'm in US).

I'm thinking about coming back to poker again. But I don't know anything about the current online poker situation.

My questions would be

1) Most importantly, is it still possible to play online in US? How does the deposit and cashout work?

2) I assume pokerstars is the place to go? How's the game compared to 2005 party.

3) Being a US player, is there still lots of bonus to chase?

Any input will be much appreciated!
Old 08-10-2007, 06:46 AM

Default Re: Please help me to catch up~

I'm from UK so I'm the worst person to try answering your questions. If you get few replies here, you might try this site's Internet forum.
Old 08-10-2007, 07:56 AM

US players can still play on stars and a few other sites. Stars is probably your best bet (pardon the pun) as it gets more traffic and has more games available than any of the others.

Stars 1/2-3/6 is a hell of a lot tighter than party's was two years ago. But there's still plenty of people beating it...

I deposit and cashout using epasporte and have had no trouble. Bonuses are the same as they ever were on stars.

Hope this helps, and good luck.
Old 08-10-2007, 09:06 AM

PokerStars, FullTilt, UltimateBet, Cake Poker, Absolute Poker, TruePoker all still accept US players.

ePassporte is your best bet for deposit/withdrawl.
Old 08-10-2007, 12:46 PM

I was able to deposit money, read losing money again :-( on fulltile using my Chase Credit card. You should have no problems finding $2/4 limit games there.
Old 08-10-2007, 12:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]

1) Most importantly, is it still possible to play online in US? How does the deposit and cashout work?

2) I assume pokerstars is the place to go? How's the game compared to 2005 party.

3) Being a US player, is there still lots of bonus to chase?

Any input will be much appreciated!

[/ QUOTE ]

1) You can still play in the U.S. Some sites closed their doors, but many are still open to U.S. players (Full Tilt,Pokerstars, Absolute, Ultimate Bet, Bodog, etc.) Deposits are more difficult now. There are still some e-wallet services that you can use, such as ePassporte, but you can use NetTeller. They also accept credit cards; however, some credit cards won't allow you to use the card for poker. It's kind of hit or miss as to which cards are accepted at which sites. If you deposit by credit card, the only option for withdrawing is check by mail.

2) Not sure exactly what you mean by "place to go". Pokerstars and Full Tilt have the most action and most games, but it's really a matter of preference.

3) Yes, most sites offer first deposit bonuses, and you can also get rakeback. See the rakeback forum here.