Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-10-2007, 12:16 AM

Default Very interesting hand (I think)

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

MP ($23.95)
Hero ($52)
Button ($27.50)
SB ($43.25)
BB ($7.50)
UTG ($124.90)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls $0.25, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $1.25</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $3.5</font>, Hero calls $2.

Flop: ($7.10) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets $5</font>, Hero calls $5.

Turn: ($17.10) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets $10</font>, Hero...?

Villain was playing a good 20/16 game over maybe 90 or so hands. He built up most of hi stack by the time I got there. I did see him play AA decent. Good bet preflop. Ace flops he still bets, but gets tricky and check raises the turn when he fills up guess its worth it to mention.

Over the whole session I was playing at 21/14.5 at this particular table it was 23/14.75 for some reason.

Anyway the hand above. I believe calling preflop was correct and fairly standard.

Flop
Whata ya think about the call. Semi float but I would have to be careful on certain turn cards seeing how he played earlier. Would cutting my losses just be a better option. THis is also as good a flop for 8s without an 8 as it gets. I decide to call, good, bad or ugly.

Turn is where it gets interesting another good card comes. He makes a relativly small bet not even 75% of the pot. I have 10 outs plus small chance my hand is good. By calling it leaves me with a pot sized bet. If i push i only get called by 99 to AA maybe AK of clubs. Or i could fold, believe him and cut my losses.

I hope you all sorta understood my thought process.
Old 08-10-2007, 12:24 AM

Default Re: Very interesting hand (I think)

I wouldn't be calling this preflop. When UTG limp re-raises your most likely looking at aces or sometimes kings. What do you actually put him on if he is playing 20/16 and hasn't seen you get out of line.

I would fold on the flop. Maybe he has AK here, but I doubt it. I would then fold on the turn. I am not going to float him here unless I know that he can fold aces or kings.
Old 08-10-2007, 12:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I wouldn't be calling this preflop. When UTG limp re-raises your most likely looking at aces or sometimes kings. What do you actually put him on if he is playing 20/16 and hasn't seen you get out of line.

[/ QUOTE ]200bbs deep. who gives a [censored] what utg has. we hope he has AA/KK.
Old 08-10-2007, 12:27 AM

pf is fine only bc youre 200bb deep. but i fold the flop, youre basically praying that he has AK.
Old 08-10-2007, 12:28 AM

preflop is fine , flop is bad IMO..

now to the math on the turn , lets say your 8's arent good and he has AA or KK ..you have a 20 percent chance or 5 to 1 to hit ur hand on the riv ....your pot odds are 2.7 to 1 but your implied odds are 6 to 1 if he stacks off on the riv when you hit one of your outs ..so its close ...

can some1 verify if my math is correct ...
Old 08-10-2007, 12:34 AM

I usually fold flop/turn without a good read that he is crazy aggro. if he is, obv call turn for implied odds.
Old 08-10-2007, 12:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
200bbs deep. who gives a [censored] what utg has. we hope he has AA/KK.

[/ QUOTE ]
LOL
call pre flop hope to hit a set, otherwise get out of there
Old 08-10-2007, 01:19 AM

You said villain had played AA trickily.. going for the check raise.

You also say he gave a relatively small bet. I don't think it was that small. It was double his flop bet. I would say he's taking a valueish sort of line.

My line would be to raise the turn. You would show a lot of strength here as IMO that is how you would play a set. He would recognise that line because he plays sets that way himself. He will freeze up on the river, giving you a cheap showdown, and he also may fold if he has AK.

On the river, this is where you need to take your reads into account. I think you could get 1010 - QQ to fold.
Old 08-10-2007, 01:20 AM

call b/c u have imp odds to hit your straight or set, i put him on an overpair which means u could stack him if your hand hits on the river