Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-09-2007, 11:44 PM

Default some hands from 3-5, i sux btw

some hands that i think i played like a retard, or possibly ok considering stack and pot size.

game: 3-5 spread limit, 9 handed (spread limit 5-500, with a max buy in of 300)

hand1:
me $300
villan $600ish
2 EP limps, i have AA and make it 20 (my standard raise, i play almost every pot for an open for 20), late position calls, SB (villan) calls, both limpers call.

flop ($105): JJT 2 spades. checked to me, i bet $80. only SB makes the call. my only read on the SB is that he plays a ton of hands regardless of preflop action and ive seen him turn over min bet/raise bluffs.

my initial reaction was that i was [censored] on the flop but took a 80$ shot at it anyways.

turn ($265) : total blank, i don't even remember the card, maybe 3d. SB bets out $80. It seemed like he was trying to put me all in with two smallish bets. At the time i felt i was dead a higher percentage of the time than not, but was getting about 3:1 if he had a draw (im pretty sure he would of called a raise of 120 with any decent draw). I end up pushing for $200. In retrospect i think i played this like a retard but are there any arguments for making this play?

hand2:

i got about 500
villan has me covered

i am UTG with KK. i make it 20. MP and the next guy MP+1 both call. both blinds call. 5 to the flop

flop ($100): 78T 2 suited. i bet 50. MP calls. i hated this flop so much that i pretty much bet at it like a cheap bluff.

turn ($200): off suit 8: i check, MP bets $75. i call

I had a pretty good vibe that the guy flopped big the way he called but have been having issues lately folding hands like this in these types of situations. How standard is a check fold on the turn here? or am i retarded
Old 08-10-2007, 03:52 AM

Default Re: some hands from 3-5, i sux btw

Aces... you gotta raise more than 4bb preflop with 2 limpers at a live game. Use your short stack to your advantage; raise it to 35-40 or more and ruin everyones implied odds. I dont think I would bother with a Cbet on that flop 5-ways.

Kings: how loose/aggressive is the table pre-flop? If it's a typical loose live game, I would probably limp/re-raise UTG to avoid seeing a 5 or 6-way pot OOP. As played, if youre going to Cbet such a draw-heavy flop, you'd better pot it.