Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-09-2007, 10:21 PM

Default How committed preflop to AK early in a 45-man $60 turbo?

Had this come up 3 times in the last 2 days.

I have AKs in the SB or BB. They raise from EP/MP. I reraise, they make it 3 for about 500 chips (1/3rd of our starting stacks).

How often should I shove this? How often, at the $60's, am I hosed versus a coinflip/AQ?

Obviously, I'm running bad on these... I think I'm over playing AK early in these turbos. Does anyone here fold to the 3-bet?
Old 08-09-2007, 10:34 PM

Default Re: How committed preflop to AK early in a 45-man $60 turbo?

I think the biggest point from your post is that the raisers are coming from EP/MP, and when they put in the 3rd raise there, i would think it is rarely anything other than JJ+, AK when the blinds are low, and assuming you make it ~200 to go of the 1500 starting stack, i think you can lay this down pf against most opponents.
Old 08-09-2007, 10:35 PM

Default Re: How committed preflop to AK early in a 45-man $60 turbo?

well this is probably bad advice but it has worked real well for me.....whenever i get in that situation in these (i have played about 100 of them wiht very good results cuz i run good) alot of tiems i just dont reraise preflop i either just call and reevaluate flop and expect random donk to stack off aq or aj on an ace hi flop or i push after they raise and get called by weaker aces alot

def not standard i know but it has worked for me i rarely raise there i hate playing it oop like that...as played assuming you raised to like 200 or something i would just muck preflop as i think the times you are killing him is about never and you dont have to race this early you stil have 1300 chipsish...and someeimtes u will be killed

but if u just push alot of times they think its really weak and call wtih alot of trash aces from my experience...altho first i sharkscope the raiser