Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-09-2007, 08:29 PM

Default FTOPS #1 HELP

Sorry the hh converter wasnt working but wondering what ur opinion here is.

So far i have been very focused stealing blinds from the weak and trapping the weak aggressive players. Blinds are 60-120 my stack is 6200 (starting stack size is 3000). I am UTG + 2 and find qq utg limps as does utg +1 I make it 500 to go and it is folded around to utg and he goes all in for 2700 total. NOte UTG has been playing abc straightforward for the last 50 mins or so

Do u call here ???
Old 08-09-2007, 08:45 PM

Default Re: FTOPS #1 HELP

Your image from what you've said is probably aggessive. Are there other aggressive or super aggressive players at the table? If I'm utg, know I'm perceived as abc, and pick up AA or KK I'd prefer to win more than the blinds. If I believe it's worth taking a risk to do so I might limp, re-raise (as has happened here). The risk, obviously, is that nobody will raise and you'll get outflopped. I'd be inclined based on your description that he isn't likely to do this with anything else except maybe AK. I've seen people do this with small or medium pairs, especially if the raiser has been running the table over, but you've got to discount this.

If I haven't seen the player make this move before with a monster I call and probably double him up because this always seems like a move. It is often enough that you probably have to call. Somewhere in the anthology is a post that concludes you should never fold AA or KK pre-flop online, and rarely QQ. I don't think this is one of those rare times.
Old 08-09-2007, 09:26 PM

Default Re: FTOPS #1 HELP

Well i folded pf thinking that this player is capable of doing that only with aa and kk and i didnt want to risk 50% of my stack. wondering if the pf raise was about right thoughts? and how often obviously this will be a generality is a abc player capable of doing this with jj or ten AQ. folding terrible?? ok . thanks again 2+2 has really helped me improve. ALso would like to know if anyone would like to trade some hand histories especially for tourneys ( i seem to go deep but only 3 ft so far)