Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-27-2006, 12:47 AM

Default The Small Matter of $140,000

A lot of people hve made suggestions on what should be done with the $140,000 that was confiscated by Party Poker in the ZJ and JJ scandals. Most people have suggested bonuses and freerolls as great ideas and most of us have agreed that neither of those will happen even though they sound like good ideas.

I've decided that I don't want a freeroll or deposit bonuses. No, I would like to see something totally different. I've done a lot of thinking about this and I think the war on cheating in online poker is much like the war on terrorism. The threat can only be substantially reduced but it can never be eliminated.

The only way to win such a war on cheating is to have good intelligence, aggressive enforcement, and substantial penalties.

Good intelligence is the first step and the point of this post. Greed is what created this problem and it can be used, at least in part, to mitigate the risk created by this problem. Party could use the money confiscated to reward players who give the investigations team at Party good, solid information that leads to the banning of a particular online player/players. (Notice I said good, solid information and I did not say baseless accusations). Further, the amount of the reward would be substantial and could be based on the limits of the game/tournament in which the alleged cheater is perpetrating his acts.

A sample payout table could be as listed:

30/60 and equivalent $7,500
15/30 and equivalent $5,000
10/20 and equivalent $3,500

These payouts are enough of an incentive to get players that know something to turn in people that they know are cheating online poker. It uses the basic human element of greed to help reverse the situation.

The idea presented is a good idea, at least in theory, and I think that at least some version of it could be pratically applied in a way that catches loads of cheaters.

Also, I think the cat should get the first award. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 02-27-2006, 12:49 AM

Default Re: The Small Matter of $140,000

now paging joe mcarthy
Old 02-27-2006, 12:51 AM

Party is going to put the 140k into the rake coffers. Nothing else.
Old 02-27-2006, 12:55 AM

I am greatly amused by the fact that you think that Party will do anything with this money other than add it to their revenue.

it's also kinda funny that you think anyone cares what you think or want.
Old 02-27-2006, 01:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I am greatly amused by the fact that you think that Party will do anything with this money other than add it to their revenue.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's obvious that you care very little about this.
Old 02-27-2006, 01:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
now paging joe mcarthy

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
(Notice I said good, solid information and I did not say baseless accusations).

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 02-27-2006, 01:06 AM

I am so amazed at how short sighted people are here. Its truly remarkable.. If you read the Terms, almost everyone here has violated ONE of them or more at one time.. This includes, playing unders omeone elses name, using software, multi accounts, chip dumping, even RECEIVING rake can be interpreted as a violation.

I am not saying that ANY of the above things are EQUAL to the cheating that has been done recently, but what you are suggesting is comical.

You want to start telling on each other for everything?

Not only does this lead to a VERY slippery slope, it is also ridiculous in the way that yo uhave oputlined it.

I will just set up 5 30/60 accounts and CHEAT, so that my friends could receive the 35k( or whatever you outlined above)

Stop the snitching and whining, play poker or find something else to do and stop acting like little girls
Old 02-27-2006, 01:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That was necessary because...
Old 02-27-2006, 01:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I care what he thinks and wants.
Old 02-27-2006, 01:22 AM

1) How many threads do we need on this issue?

2) The money will obviously go towards the site's revenue. In an ideal world, this money will be used for them to tighten up their security or whatever measures need to be put in place to catch cheaters.

3) People will always cheat. In every aspect of life. You name a realm, someone's cheated in it somehow. With that said, this is not a new subject. Nothing can be done to effectively curb this unfortunate part of human nature, so let's stop wasting energy on it. Cheaters will always find loopholes in the system. If you think you can do something about it, do it. But just constantly talking and complaining about it won't do anything. These sites know that honest players don't like cheaters. Hell, cheaters don't like other cheaters. You have to assume that they will do what's in the best interest of their business...and whether or not this includes stopping cheaters is something I can't answer.