Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Heads Up Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-09-2007, 06:23 PM

Default Interpreting NL Cash Stats

Hey HU,

I'm playing around with NL Cash and I'd like some insight into PokerTracker stats. After two years of playing HUSNGs, I just installed PokerAce HUD and am not really sure what to look for as far as Heads Up goes. Also, what do you make of my stats after 4500 hands?

Are my positional and aggression stats "good"? Whats a standard range for the ones that start with W?

Thanks,
Matt
Old 08-09-2007, 06:30 PM

Default Re: Interpreting NL Cash Stats

You are slightly nitty imo, but we always like to argue about what is LAG or TAG in the HU forum so I'll just let that go.

Your stats are pretty solid imo, it'd be nice to know how often you are calling and/or 3-betting from the BB.

Your turn aggression is pretty high, but I like it... nothing terribly abnormal about aggression on any street. On the river it seems like you value bet thin at times and/or bluff-raise.

The thing that scares me is your Went to SD and Won At SD. You showdown a decent amount (by no means over-excessive as I personally show down 32%) but your win-rate is very very high.

Please take this analysis with a grain of salt as it's impossible to get a clear picture from stats alone, but I'd say you are a semi-solid player with some leaks to work on that is running pretty damn hot.
Old 08-09-2007, 06:48 PM

running hot at 8ptbbs? what?
Old 08-09-2007, 06:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

His winrate doesn't matter, it's his WtSD and Won at SD that decide if he's on a heater usually. There's almost no way that 53.50% Won at SD is sustainable or even optimal... so yeah, 8 PTBB/100 is more than likely running hot for OP.
Old 08-09-2007, 07:02 PM

but something cant be right here. If he is indeed running hot (and okay, I admit I dont really have an insight into the Wtsd theories) hes more likely a breakeven player. Therefore not semi-decent.
Old 08-09-2007, 07:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

His winrate doesn't matter, it's his WtSD and Won at SD that decide if he's on a heater usually. There's almost no way that 53.50% Won at SD is sustainable or even optimal... so yeah, 8 PTBB/100 is more than likely running hot for OP.

[/ QUOTE ]
Mine are like 27/48 and I've been running at 7-8 bb/100.
Old 08-09-2007, 07:07 PM

That's pretty interesting, LJ. I have 32/49 at nl100...almost 17k hands and 22bb/100..am I on a sick heater or can it be sustained? What is the normal went to/won at SD ?
Old 08-09-2007, 07:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
That's pretty interesting, LJ. I have 32/49 at nl100...almost 17k hands and 22bb/100..am I on a sick heater or can it be sustained? What is the normal went to/won at SD ?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't want anyone to gather hard and fast rules about what is a heater and what is sustainable from this discussion. That's why these types of discussions are generally discouraged.

That being said, I think 29-31 is probably the mean with WtSD and 48-49% WSD is near optimal. Any more and you're too nitty, any less and you're bluffing too much.

22 PTBB/100 is generally not going to be sustainable long term, but 11 PTBB/100 could possibly be (not sure which you meant by 22/100). 11 is a pretty good accomplishment.
Old 08-09-2007, 09:55 PM

A few things...

[ QUOTE ]
Your stats are pretty solid imo, it'd be nice to know how often you are calling and/or 3-betting from the BB.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is there a way to tell this quantitatively?

Also, I noticed on some very good players' PT stats their preflop aggression factor is something like 4-6. This basically means they are hardly ever cold calling, yes?
Old 08-09-2007, 10:08 PM

Go into PokerTracker in the tab for Position Stats.

Read across the BB line and look for VPIP (Vol. Put $ in Pot) and PF Raise %. This will tell you how often you are cold calling OOP and how often you are 3-betting. You are flat calling VPIP - PFR. In my case my VPIP is 27% and my PFR is 9% in the BB, which means I am 3-betting 9% of the time and flat calling 18% of the time.

As for the PF agg factor of 4-6, that's the beauty of HU cash games, there are so many winning styles. The style you mention is one of the styles I play best against mostly because I am generally viewed as passive as my game is based around the principles of extraction.

To go off on a tangent, I really feel HU cash is sort of the last frontier for Hold'em because there is no formulaic way to even play decently (whereas you can use hand charts in 6max to play profitably). You need to find the style that best fits you and more importantly, best fits the opponent you are playing.

Generally speaking, opening your 3-betting range a lot (or never flat calling) will make a lot more difficult decisions for your opponent at the cost of variance. Every hand is going to cost 20-30% of your stack if you play this way OOP (10 BB 3bet + 10-20 BB cbet) and will make an already variance prone game, very variance prone.