Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-09-2007, 06:17 PM

Default PP raise or fold?

.25/.50 limit 10 max, first hand at the table

SB is 30.0/5.0/2.75/40 hands
Hero in BB with 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
UTG no reads
UTG+1 no reads

UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, folded to SB who completes, Hero?
Old 08-09-2007, 06:27 PM

Default Re: PP raise or fold?

I usually call here. You will be playing multiway OOP and are unlikely to get opponents who have already put in one bet to fold here. Call and see the flop cheap.
Old 08-09-2007, 06:31 PM

I check, even though you have a decent equity edge you are just bloating the pot with a marginal hand OOP if you raise.

I donk a good flop and I c-r a late position bettor on a decent flop.
Old 08-09-2007, 06:49 PM

I don't think 99 is that marginal when we have 3 opponents and position on the worst one. I'd raise and probably raise down to 77 or so.
Old 08-09-2007, 07:12 PM

i wouldnt raise preflop since too many players in there when OOP and too many unknow after continuation bet.

when i say too many players is because i doubt vs 3 players u have high % to win the pot on continuation bet on flop.
vs 1 or 2 player i would but vs 3 and up i wont unless i had position on the betting round postflop
Old 08-09-2007, 07:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think 99 is that marginal when we have 3 opponents and position on the worst one. I'd raise and probably raise down to 77 or so.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is good.

You probably have the best hand. Sometimes you will flop all undercards and sometimes you will even get lucky and make a set.

You will also have a decent chance of picking up the pot with a c-bet after the flop a reasonable amount of the time, even when an overcard flops.

Your preflop raise is for value. You dont have to win the hand all of the time for your raise to be correct.
Old 08-09-2007, 07:51 PM

lol fold our option?

I think the raise is for value, but most flops are not going to be wonderful. So I think it's a matter of whether or not we want to wait and see if equity changes on when 5/7 of the hand has occurred. I usually check here, but sometimes raise.
Old 08-09-2007, 10:23 PM

There may be places I wouldn't raise 99 pf at .25/.50 but this isn't one of them.
Old 08-09-2007, 10:31 PM

Raise.

[ QUOTE ]

You probably have the best hand. Sometimes you will flop all undercards and sometimes you will even get lucky and make a set.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-10-2007, 01:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Also sometimes no one will have the overcard. Like if the flop is J64 rainbow you should still feel pretty good about your hand.

[ QUOTE ]
You will also have a decent chance of picking up the pot with a c-bet after the flop a reasonable amount of the time, even when an overcard flops.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't forget "you value bet the entire way on a JJ468 board and get shown A4o by the SB"

[ QUOTE ]
I think the raise is for value, but most flops are not going to be wonderful. So I think it's a matter of whether or not we want to wait and see if equity changes on when 5/7 of the hand has occurred.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think this is such a big deal because the kind of flops we should c/f if we check are pretty much the same ones we should c/f if we raise. You shouldn't do this kind of pot control stuff if it doesn't change your own postflop play.