Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-09-2007, 05:38 PM

Default NL 100: Easy call versus 1P0kerboy.....but wait a sec, it might not be

This hand has tons of history so I dont even know if its worth posting but after talkin about it with Upay it should prolly get posted.

Anyways the villian is 1p0kerboy very solid player who adjusts to my agressiveness pretty well, a;though hes a decently tight open raiser preflop he plays back at me (3 bets me prolly more then anyone else has when in position, i feel like he knows my play decently well and I had already 3 bet him (resulted with him folding preflop) under 3 orbits before the hand in question.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $1.00 BB (9 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

MP1 ($119.35)
MP2 ($29)
MP3 ($76.90)
CO ($101.10)
Hero ($128.50)
SB ($26)
BB ($20.50)
UTG ($98.50)
UTG+1 ($109.05)

Preflop: Hero is Button with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises to $4</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $14</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP3 calls $10.

Flop: ($29.50) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

MP3 checks
Hero raise to 20
MP3 raises 42.90 to 62.90 and is all in
Hero?

I made my decision very quickly without much thought becuase I orginally thought it was pretty clear answer but now that Im thinking about ranges and how much he could have air in this spot I think I definitly should thought about it more.

one of the hardest part about this hand is that the 1pokerboy stack size is under 100 bbs and his shove is given me all kinds of odds to call and he knows that hes doind this

1. who calls and who folds here
2. put 1pokerboy on range for this hand (rememeber I think hes thinks Im 3 betting light atleast 30-40 % maybe 50 even in this spot)
Old 08-09-2007, 05:47 PM

Default Re: NL 100: Easy call versus 1P0kerboy.....but wait a sec, it might no

2-1 with a fd on the board.

I would call
Old 08-09-2007, 05:51 PM

Default Re: NL 100: Easy call versus 1P0kerboy.....but wait a sec, it might not be

I think this is a call. Does he normally open raise with 33? You said he is tight open raiser so I lean toward "no." Therefore I am only really worried about QQ, AQ, and the unlikely AA. This looks alot like Ax [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] maybe some other AJ, possibly a FD. So I think his range is wide enough here for a call given your odds.

Yes he knows what odds he is giving you but if he has something like a FD and thinks there's a good chance you don't even have an Ace, he would still be getting a good amount of FE.
Old 08-09-2007, 06:02 PM

Default Re: NL 100: Easy call versus 1P0kerboy.....but wait a sec, it might not be

i auto muck there againt pb
Old 08-09-2007, 06:03 PM

We don't beat a single hand in Pboy's range here... Best case we are chopping w/ another AK (even though Pboy will have a [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]) - He sometimes has AhKh and is freerolling us, and a vast majority of the time he has us beat w/ QQ or AQ...

Pboy only has a 75bb stack, he isn't opening and then calling a 3bet w/ a speculative hand here (10hJh, 7h8h, etc) This allows us to also rule out 33. However, since we know he likely never has a naked FD, it makes things much worse.

I really don't think Pboy calls a 3bet and plays a pot w/ AJ oop...

Also, Pboy is a good player and he has to assume that w/ his c/r of only 42bb he has almost ltitle to no FE vs any sort of made hand from you.

With all of that said, I really think this is much much closer then people think...Obv, leaning more towards a fold then a call.
Old 08-09-2007, 06:12 PM

I am only going on him saying Pboy adjusts to his aggro well.

I have seen quite a few hands where pboy tries to stick to his image and makes bad plays trying to over-aggress regs. That is why I call getting 2-1 with FD on the board.

Against a normal nit in this situation it is different, but vs pboy he overadjusts and tries to outplay a fair amount of time and that is what pushed it to a call for me.

It is still a close situation and I think marginal play no matter what you do.
Old 08-09-2007, 06:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am only going on him saying Pboy adjusts to his aggro well.

I have seen quite a few hands where pboy tries to stick to his image and makes bad plays trying to over-aggress regs. That is why I call getting 2-1 with FD on the board.

Against a normal nit in this situation it is different, but vs pboy he overadjusts and tries to outplay a fair amount of time and that is what pushed it to a call for me.

It is still a close situation and I think marginal play no matter what you do.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you think given his 75bb stack Pboy still is opening and then calling 3bets with hands that would be naked FDs on this board? or Axhh type hands? Even against over aggro opponents and him over adjusting, I just can't put those hands in his range on this board...

If this was 100bb stacks for Pboy, I thin a call is much much better and standard, becasue then we can assume Pboy is shoving w/ some FE and we can put those speculative hands into his range...
Old 08-09-2007, 06:18 PM

I mean often we are going to call here and be shown AhKx or AxKh and it will be a chop chop... But I don't think we ever call here and see a semibluff from Pboy with his stack size in this hand...
Old 08-09-2007, 06:18 PM

i was just gonna add #3 is this a call with 100bb effective stacks lol
Old 08-09-2007, 06:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i was just gonna add #3 is this a call with 100bb effective stacks lol

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea in a heartbeat, because u said he adjust to your aggro style and plays back at you...