Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-08-2007, 09:21 PM

Default .5/1 stud8 slight spewage sanity check

Woohoo, I found a way to actually get money online again so I can actually play this eye-stabbing game of 2345-brick-brick-brick-smash-monitor.

Villain is new to the table so I'm not sure if he's just messing with me.

7 Card Stud High-Low ($0.50/$1), Ante $0.10, Bring-In $0.15 (converter)

3rd Street - (1.00 SB)

Seat 3: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 5: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 6: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds
Hero: 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___completes___raises___calls
Seat 8: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___brings-in___raises___raises

4th Street - (9.00 SB)

Hero: 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___bets___calls
Seat 8: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___raises

5th Street - (6.50 BB)

Hero: 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___raises
Seat 8: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___bets___calls

6th Street - (10.50 BB)

Hero: 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 8: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___checks___calls

River - (12.50 BB)

Hero: 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 8: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] xx___bets

Total pot: (14.50 BB - $14.50)
Old 08-08-2007, 09:33 PM

Default Re: .5/1 stud8 slight spewage sanity check

3rd is fine, if he is a tight player you could maybe just call... but with the high ante that looks good.

4th I would check, you have a worst hand than he does unless he has a pocket pair. There's an off chance that ace paired him, but he probably has a better low draw, and your 8 is nothing to write home about.

5th is good.

6th is good.

River means that you are beat, because your hand is face up and he's got you nutted for high. This might actually be a fold against certain people, but I'd call; pot is too big anyway. Hope he has two pair, but be prepared to lose.

Edit: I don't see anything I'd really call spewage.
Old 08-08-2007, 09:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
4th I would check, you have a worst hand than he does unless he has a pocket pair. There's an off chance that ace paired him, but he probably has a better low draw, and your 8 is nothing to write home about.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, 4th was one of those things where I wince as soon as I hit the bet button. I had a feeling he might have a high hand like AA in the hole when he capped 3rd, so my first thought when we both caught aces on 4th was he doesn't have AA down, so maybe my ace can scare him off KK or at least slow him down, forgetting that in fact his board is a lot scarier than mine.
Old 08-09-2007, 02:09 AM

Obviously, you complete on third, but I think I'd just call the raise. You know now that you should have checked fourth. I'm not entirely sold on the raise on fifth, but it's probably fine. Sixth and seventh look good.
Old 08-09-2007, 02:38 AM

your hand really is not as good as it looks, especially heads up with the 8 up. call the reraise one third, cc fourth, and the rest seems fine
Old 08-09-2007, 02:51 AM

BTW the 3bet on 3rd is not "ZOMG 3 suited babies", it's a steal/defence situation and I'd likely do the same thing with split 7s (although I'd be a lot less happy about him capping).
Old 08-09-2007, 03:27 AM

third is an insta insta insta 3 bet. if you don't see why, think back to the 772 defense thread last week. it might be stud, but being nitty enough to just call here means you are lighting money on fire in basically every other steal vs. defense situation in this game. you simply cannot narrow your range down that much/get pushed off of all of these types of hands, especially when you're so clearly the favorite.

fourth's a call EV-wise but you can make a case for a bet, or better yet, the CR that third set you up for very nicely. Every other street is standard from there.