Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-08-2007, 06:51 PM

Default Any other way to play this?

Villain is 22.7/21.59/17/ over 90 hands.

Is there any other way to play this hand or should the bells be ringing that hes holding either 99 or AK.

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

CO ($20.35)
Button ($6.80)
SB ($62.85)
BB ($75.60)
UTG ($51.30)
Hero ($50.55)

Preflop: Hero is MP with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $1.75</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to $6.5</font>, Hero calls $4.25.

Flop: ($12.75) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets $8</font>, Hero calls $8.

Turn: ($28.75) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks.

River: ($28.75) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets $61.6 (All-In)</font>, Hero calls $36.55 (All-In).

Final Pot: $101.85
Old 08-08-2007, 07:01 PM

Default Re: Any other way to play this?

against this player i may lean towards folding pre flop. how many pps is he coming out the blinds with?
as played i raise flop and fold to a push.
if i took your line i wouldnt check behind on the turn. you need to define his hand somewhat and a bet/fold to a push here is prob safe to do as you are going to be behind the majority of time against this villain.
Old 08-08-2007, 08:39 PM

Isnt exersizing pot control on this flop correct?
Old 08-08-2007, 08:42 PM

I think you def have to have a read on him in order to make the call. Id lay it down
Old 08-08-2007, 08:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think you def have to have a read on him in order to make the call. Id lay it down

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-08-2007, 09:16 PM

I really dislike calling the 3b preflop. I am just not sure it is +EV.

What happens when we miss flop most of the time and villain (inevitably) cbs? I reckon we just have to chuck it or pull a move (minraise!). Meh, don't fancy either option.

Similarly, even when we DO hit, we are in a very nasty RIO spot with an easily dominated hand and rarely even have a draw to fall back on (at least, in this particular case we don't).

For sure, if this guy has 3b us 4 times, well then I guess we need to make a plan to stop him - 4b him or shove over him or plan to call-float any flop-turn. But I don't think this is the spot for any of those.

As played, it is so nasty I find it very hard to think what best to do on any street post.
Old 08-08-2007, 10:04 PM

Fold pre-flop.

As played, I don't mind the check behind or raising.

As played, I need to know WTSD and W$SD in order to make a better river decision.

I think you also need a range here and apply that range in context with the hand and WTSD/W$SD. After 90 hands, hopefully you also have some notes on how he plays big hands. Would he really check AK on the turn with a spade draw appearing? If his re-raising includes 99+, AK, AQo, AQs, which hands can we exclude based on the play? Clearly QQ,JJ,TT go away, leaving us with AA, KK, AK, and 99.

If he puts you on king, he loves getting his dough in here. If he puts you on a busted flush draw, he could also bluff here.

So the real question is, after 90 hands, have you seen your opponent in a RR pot bluffing the river?

The only think I think you beat here is a loose re-raise with KJ, KTs, and you haven't indicated any reads about his state of mind, so for now I'll exclude these.

I bet his WTSD, W$SD is probably pretty good. Based on his aggression, he's probably very aggressive on the flop, but pitches his hand a lot too on the turn. When he gets to the river though, when his dough goes in, he probably has the goods.

Disclaimer: A lot of these assumptions are based on our opponents stack size. He got there somehow. He has solid VPIP/PFR stats. Aggression is high, but he could be ultra-aggressive for 1 or 2 streets only.
Old 08-08-2007, 10:15 PM

Once you get to the river, don't fold it. I would have folded pf though.
Old 08-09-2007, 06:24 AM

not sure about calling the river just because we got there.the K doesnt improve our hand against his range at all really. its a fold right from preflop for me