Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-07-2007, 08:30 PM

Default PokerEV Users - Please Review and Comment

Quick summary on my uNL career:

Played about 24k hands at NL10 while learning. Won @ about 2.9 BB/100. Moved up to NL25 with 20 buyins.

Played about 6.2k hands at NL25. Lost 7+ buyins at about -5.9 BB/100. Dropped back down to NL10.

Played about 17.5k hands at NL10. Won at about 5.7 BB/100. Moved up to NL25 with 20 buyins again.

Played about 12.3k hands at NL25. Peaked at about 26 buyins, now down to about 13 buyins, at about -2.77 BB/100.

I admit that there most be some leaks in my game, and I am working to find them. I recently signed up to CardRunners, and am watching brystmar's series now. I plan on moving back to NL10 and building up again, maybe waiting until I have 25 buyins before moving up again.

With that information in mind, I present my PokerEV info at NL25. Basically what I am wondering is how much attention should I pay to these stats. Does this mean that I haven't really been playing as bad as my results indicate? Is there any particular piece of information that stands out? I also plan on posting my PT stats after I do a review, but I was hoping to get some comments on this first.

Old 08-07-2007, 08:32 PM

Default Re: PokerEV Users - Please Review and Comment

go buy urself something nice with all those sklansky bucks ...
Old 08-07-2007, 08:48 PM

i am not a pokerev user, but the way that I am assuming that it works is by hands that have been shown down and what your expected winnings are. Please correct me if I am wrong.

If this is the case, then I would assume you are either showing down to many hands that have been drawn out on, or are not winning enough without a going to show down. I would use PT to filter out hands that you have seen the flop, and did not go to show down with and examine your play there.

If I my assumptions are way off, please ignore this post.
Old 08-07-2007, 08:57 PM

well you did run pretty bad, but it seems you also have a few leaks most likely. It's hard to tell from a graph, but you may be paying off too many hands that outdraw you with your marginal hands. And the fact your winning when you don't go to a showdown are so much lower than your means you have some sort of leak. Can't realy tell what that might be.
Old 08-07-2007, 09:09 PM

yeah you ran bad, but NL isn't necessarily a showdown game. most people go to showdown less than 30% of the time. so probably what you can work on is picking up pots more postflop or preflop. for postflop, it will take a decent amount of work and reading the forums to get an idea what situations are good for stealing pots or double barreling. for preflop, look at the players' stats. if they have high attempt to steal blind percentages (like 25%+), resteal with crap more (but don't go overboard with it). all those little pots will cushion the suckouts/coolers.