Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-07-2007, 03:52 PM

Default The money order pokerstars sent back to me got stolen and forged!!

Hi everyone.. a few weeks ago I had written a post about how i had sent in a money order for $300 bucks to pokerstars on June 12th.

Anyways pokerstars got the money order then sent the money order back to me saying that it had been addressed to the wrong payee. Not left blank... notice to wrong payee.

Ok.. so I never got the check in the mail thru DHL - the carrier pokerstars used to send back .. and now just checked it out with the bank to make sure it had not somehow gotten stolen or cashed.

WELL GUESS WHAT!? Somebody got my check out of the envelope THAT POKERSTARS PUT IT IN and then somehow forged their name on the my money order for $300 bucks. Kathy Lewis is the forger's name.

This is pokerstars fault/ responsibility anways cuz they were last to handle the money order AND if they had concealed the check in a piece of paper or something this might have not happened also.

So I'm wondering if I get screwed/ not paid back by Moneygram if Pokerstars will fess up my $300 bucks for poor mishandling / or basicaly just "bs" that happened on their end??

ituation.So I just got off the phone with my bank.. they told me to call moneygram. I called Moneygram and they told me to have someone from my bank call them. Ridicioulous.

So I'm waiting for bank to call me bank now to tell me what Moneygram says.

I never knew that trying to send my $300 money order was going to turn into some bigass sitution/ and now worried I might get ripped off cuz they said to me at bank today "well she signed it to her name and we might not be able to anything about it."

K update.. just got off phone a second ago and it seems that there is a good chance that the bank the forger used, Day Air, might reimubuse Moneygram for this possibly. Then Day Air will then prosecute this Kathy Lewis forger thief.

IF THIS HAPPENS, then moneygram will be able to reimburse this stolen money back to me.

So hopefully thats what happens.. ONLY TIME WILL TELL THOUGH. Will keep posted.
Old 08-07-2007, 04:10 PM

Default Re: The money order pokerstars sent back to me got stolen and forged!!

lollerscams
Old 08-07-2007, 04:27 PM

I don't know if you are aware, but what this person did was VERY stupid.

They committed not only forgery but mail fraud. They could end up going to federal prison for 300 bucks.

STOOOPID.
Old 08-07-2007, 04:33 PM

1. No chance ... ain't no one going to federal prison for stealing a $300 money order.

(No way it is mail fraud, either. The money order was in the hands of a private courier.)

2. The OP wrote "if they had concealed the check in a piece of paper or something this might have not happened also."

Well, if it went DHL, as the OP says, then it would not have been visible. Furthermore, with all due respect to the OP, how would he know anyway if he never got the DHL envelope ?? Sounds consistent with his getting it back, then losing it or having it stolen, with "Kathy Lewis" as the person who cashed it in. DHL obtains signatures or delivery details, wonder who signed for it.

I believe he is out $300, but don't see where pokerstars is out anything, other than the DHL fee for sending it back to him.
Old 08-07-2007, 04:48 PM

I fail to see how it is PokerStars responsibility that some delivery service screwed up and either stole the check or delivered it to the wrong person.
If PokerStars sent it to the correct address and it was in a reasonably inconspicous envelope then what more are they supposed to do?

Instead of trying to invent ways how all of this is somehow Stars fault perhaps continue discussing this stuff with Stars and DHL and find out more about how this happened.
Old 08-07-2007, 05:10 PM

Well i wonder who did sign for it at Dhl as well.

Yes prob was concealed and prob not a smart comment on my part about wrapping check up in paper or soemthing.

Just hope that either, in order, Moneygram, Dhl, or pokerstars in the end will take responsibility and reimburse me for this fraud.
Old 08-07-2007, 05:27 PM

You sure are interchanging terms a lot that aren't interchangeable and making things confusing. Let me see if I get this all..

You sent a moneygram to Juan Pablo in Phillipines, Stars sends it back saying you should have made it out to Jesus Pablo.. now someone named Kathy Lewis cashes this money order. None of the responsibility for this lies with stars.. DHL and whatever place would cash this thing made out to someone different than the endorser are the ones you need to talk to.
Old 08-07-2007, 08:30 PM

There is a direct relation between the number of posts one has on 2+2 and the probability they will receive their money a poker site.

OP prob is you need more posts here.
Old 08-08-2007, 02:11 AM

DHL is a good enterprise internationally, but ever since they started in the states it's been disasterous for them. Their centers are all ran by IC's, and their drivers are also among the lowest paid in the business, they do not belong to any union, on average they make $7-8/hr.

Anytime I've ever had something important shipped through DHL, something goes wrong. If you google it a bit there are websites of former employees who rip them daily, seriously UPS/Fedex might still [censored] up no doubt, but they are atleast paid a helluva lot more so generally aren't such [censored] [censored].

Sorry but they've cost me in excess of $1500, and I have no doubt that the driver either delivered your letter to the wrong place, or simply had a friend open it. I am not joking when I tell you I turn down business if a client intends on using DHL.
Old 08-08-2007, 06:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
There is a direct relation between the number of posts one has on 2+2 and the probability they will receive their money a poker site.

OP prob is you need more posts here.

[/ QUOTE ]
No there isn't. There is absolutely no relation whatsoever, and this is a pretty irreponsible post.